No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay so what do guys think I found some human sign a cleared brush spot possibly for a blind or just a chair about with trash and cigarette butts fast food cups and beer can 30 yards ftom the tree I have my stand in right next to a deer cain bag right in front of my feeder I've been putting corn out since September 1st have good sign no buck sign yet besides a rub that is old now and a doe on opening weekend. So I said all that to ask this do you think I should move my stand?

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Matt,
      Is the new area access out yet ? I would like to bowhunt this weekend

Comment

Yes it is not much open

Comment

Thanks Matt !!

Comment

Did they post the area access. I looked on the sites but didn't see anything out. If anyone has it can they post it. Thanks.

Comment

If its not up tonight ill post it in the morning

Comment

have they posted the quota for the general season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
                  have they posted the quota for the general season yet?
                  I was told Live Fire has 16 Total bucks , going to be a short season there if it is ever open, havent seen the official yet . Every year hunting on hood getting worse.

Comment

Good luck this weekend, should be a good one, chasing has started out here in Lampasas.

Comment

I have to find a lease , FT Hood is getting more frustrating every year ! Weekend off , hall pass from wife , and No Where to hunt

Comment

You would think for $100 to hunt you could get the area access updated on the website. Like many others I will be finding a lease next year this is a joke. Seems like there is a need for some major personal changes over the fort hood hunting program , there is a lot of un happy people this year.

Comment

The area access is updated has been since yesterday there are just no areas to hunt. This is not the hunting systems fault either there are a lot of units here on fort hood and with a majority of them here and not deployed there are more units training. Yes this is a big hassle and sucks for us hunters but is to be expected. I would recommend setting up in areas that don't get trained in which only works for archery hunters but they have a lot of deer in them and if you wait to just hunt those areas you can get in and have deer in front of you. I have seen a lot of good deer already this season on west fort hood while on stand and have taken my buck with a 13" spread and have since had bigger deer under me. I know you got to blame someone but no one at the sportsman's center can control any of this and they always put up the access sheet as soon as they come in.

Comment

I wish I would scouted west ft hood sounds like there are some biguns out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
                              I wish I would scouted west ft hood sounds like there are some biguns out there!

Never too late. My son shot his first buck in west Ft Hood

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewChris View Post
                                The area access is updated has been since yesterday there are just no areas to hunt. This is not the hunting systems fault either there are a lot of units here on fort hood and with a majority of them here and not deployed there are more units training. Yes this is a big hassle and sucks for us hunters but is to be expected. I would recommend setting up in areas that don't get trained in which only works for archery hunters but they have a lot of deer in them and if you wait to just hunt those areas you can get in and have deer in front of you. I have seen a lot of good deer already this season on west fort hood while on stand and have taken my buck with a 13" spread and have since had bigger deer under me. I know you got to blame someone but no one at the sportsman's center can control any of this and they always put up the access sheet as soon as they come in.

Area access is showing dates 18-24th for me , and yes I have refreshed the page. Is mine just special or is yours saying this weeks dates ?

Comment

Working...
                                X