No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a problem. How the devil do you eat a pork loin with chop stick: right at 40 years of experince with eating with them things, and I'm still at a loss. Think I'll just pick it up and eat it. Ain't nobody lookin nohow.

Comment

Thanks I was just wondering I check the hotline daily I hope one of them marginal bucks has grown and walks under my stand lol I've put alot of work in there allready this year. hunted 8 last year and all I saw was coyotes

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

but 8 Is my back up plan and maybe I should check it out thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
          but 8 Is my back up plan and maybe I should check it out thanks again

An illustration of how much faith I have in 104, I have not been out a single day this year. I have some ohter areas scouted, but being retired and the quotas being what they are, I just feel better about leaving things to the active duty guys. I'm happy with takin the leavings if there are any. Not to mention, I have other areas/states to hunt. No sense of me messing up hunting for the troops.

Comment

Thanks a lot Matt (fthoodhoghunter)for putting me on a 7 day suspension , I know you hunt that area and guided it last year. I was told last year by a guide that you could have 2 different days max, my second year even hunting ft. Hood. Now my next 6 days off work is screwed. Oct 39 th I will be back at work for 7 days straight south if Houston, Texas.

So no hunting for me until November 6 th!

Comment

Thanks a lot Matt (fthoodhoghunter)for putting me on a 7 day suspension , I know you hunt that area and guided it last year. I was told last year by a guide that you could have 2 different days max, my second year even hunting ft. Hood. Now my next 6 days off work is screwed. Oct 39 th I will be back at work for 7 days straight south if Houston, Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
                do you kayak your baits or jus cast
                Matt Are you fishing sharkathon this weekend?
                Last edited by 1poorboy; 10-23-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Been seeing a lot of deer while on stand this year. have not had a sit on hood that I couldn't have taken a shot at a deer, already taken my 13" or greater buck and have had bigger bucks come in since then that I could have taken. Seeing a little rut activity out of the younger bucks trying to chase around does hoping to be right with the doe when she comes in because after the first one or two are in the big boys will be on the prowl. The buck I took had a huge neck already 19" at top and 26" at base of neck! Just a heads up on what I am seeing mainly on west fort hood. Good luck to everyone this weekend! Cold mornings should have them moving in day light hours and hope everyone taking their kids out have the best of luck and can make those special moments unforgettable!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I may as well vent to you guys, this **** air assault school is killing my hunting time ;p

Comment

Yea im going to air assault next month so I am going to feel that pain soon!

Comment

last season I had to go to jrtc from the 26th of oct to the day before thanksgiving so I know your pain sucks when training gets in the way of hunting! especially durning rut

Comment

GL with air assault once you get past sling load its allot of fun!

Comment

GL with air assault once you get past sling load its allot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by 7mm tx lab View Post

Jsu doing what i was told its in the book 1 big game reservation. I just happen to be the one that had to call people today.

Comment

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
                                Matt Are you fishing sharkathon this weekend?
                                No i was late getting online and missed registraition wont happen next year

Comment

Working...
                                X