Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
    GL with air assault once you get past sling load its allot of fun!

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android
    I just started sling load today, I test Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by 7mm tx lab View Post
      Thanks a lot Matt (fthoodhoghunter)for putting me on a 7 day suspension , I know you hunt that area and guided it last year. I was told last year by a guide that you could have 2 different days max, my second year even hunting ft. Hood. Now my next 6 days off work is screwed. Oct 39 th I will be back at work for 7 days straight south if Houston, Texas.

So no hunting for me until November 6 th!
      And that's why I refuse to pay good money to hunt in post! I have no problem calling into the ranch Teletrac! My areas are never closed, shot out, and no one is walking under me or stealing all my stuff! So glad my good friend hooked a brother up! Good luck to everyone that have to hunt post, there are some nice deer out there but just too much BS for my taste!

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
        Just doing what i was told its in the book 1 big game reservation. I just happen to be the one that had to call people today.
        Yep, it sucks when you have to be the bad guy.

Make sure you read the book they give you, Can't be logged into more than 1 area/reservation for Big Game hunting. Call in/Log in 1 area. When you are finished, Call out & call in for the next Area/Day. This was done to prevent people from calling in to multiple areas and locking it out from others to use.

Be glad it was only 7 Days, Take that time to read up on the rules so you can be straight instead of throwing a fit & calling somebody out on a public forum (shooting the messenger) when they are only doing what they were directed.
        Last edited by Nophears; 10-24-2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Anyone seeing any rubs yet?
          I've been out over the weekend doing final preps & getting the stands ready for the Youth hunt. Saw quite a few new rubs starting, several were on same trees(Shumacs) as healed rubs from last year.

Found quite a few scrapes from when they were cleaning the velvet off their antlers.

Gonna be a good weekend for the Youth Hunters!

Comment

I tried to go hunting this morning but teletrac is down again and there is no one at the sc to reset it.

Comment

nice cant wait to take my son on youth hunt!

Comment

*** Someone's been hunting in my spot. I know it comes with the territory when you're hunting public land at least pick up your trash when you're done I'm sure it was nobody on the forum I'm just venting

Comment

*** Someone's been hunting in my spot. I know it comes with the territory when you're hunting public land at least pick up your trash when you're done I'm sure it was nobody on the forum I'm just venting

I have someone hunting my spots last year and this year , I agree please dont leave garbage all around the stand and inside of it. I don't mind that they may be hunting it because I am not up there a lot but leave it LIKE you found it !

Comment

shoot the more I think about it the more mad I get geuss I'll be scouting a place to move my stand this weekend

Comment

shoot the more I think about it the more mad I get geuss I'll be scouting a place to move my stand this weekend

Comment

I hate lazy people if they want to hunt a nice stand then get out there in august when its a 105 degrees and put one up and make a couple trips a week to keep feed out. I know its public land and 1st come 1st served but just because its legal doesn't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nophears View Post
                          Yep, it sucks when you have to be the bad guy.

Make sure you read the book they give you, Can't be logged into more than 1 area/reservation for Big Game hunting. Call in/Log in 1 area. When you are finished, Call out & call in for the next Area/Day. This was done to prevent people from calling in to multiple areas and locking it out from others to use.

Be glad it was only 7 Days, Take that time to read up on the rules so you can be straight instead of throwing a fit & calling somebody out on a public forum (shooting the messenger) when they are only doing what they were directed.
                          if you don't like public forum oh well, I served my country for 8 years , think I have a right for freedom of speech.

Last year I logged in and out of every training area during spring turkey season as sooon as I left the training area, but low and behold teletrac told me I was logged into like 5 different areas so you mean to tell me that for 5 months from the end of Turkey season to the beginning of deer season I did not get a call from anyone in reference to this. Hummm

Also every one else had a chance just like I did, I did not log in for the next day's hunt until like 10:30 am witch gave other hunters plenty of opportunity to log in before that time, when Matt called me I was on my way out of the training area less than 5 minutes from the boundary line.
                          Last edited by 7mm tx lab; 10-24-2013, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Whitetail deer don't make scrapes to clean the velvet of their antlers

Comment

I also think the book say's you can log into 3 training area's at the same time / same day, I currently don't have the book with me, but after the call yesterday I read that area.

Comment

Originally posted by 7mm tx lab View Post
                                I also think the book say's you can log into 3 training area's at the same time / same day, I currently don't have the book with me, but after the call yesterday I read that area.
                                Page 26 and page 27 has the referance

Comment

Working...
                                X