Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
      Dam105 is shot out!

Anyone seeing any rubs yet?

Been seeing them for a few now

Comment

I called the hot line and several areas are shot out have there been any big deer shot?

Comment

Not sure what all was shot but a big 8 came out of 105 and 115 opening weekend

Comment

Here is a dilemma I have been wondering about. To me corn does not have much of a smell. Sometimes it is weeks before I can get into an area to corn it and that is because many areas on Ft Hood are closed because of training. So, if I have to wait 3-4 weeks or longer before I get into an area will it do me any good when I can get in there to hand corn and hunt that spot same morning or afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
              Here is a dilemma I have been wondering about. To me corn does not have much of a smell. Sometimes it is weeks before I can get into an area to corn it and that is because many areas on Ft Hood are closed because of training. So, if I have to wait 3-4 weeks or longer before I get into an area will it do me any good when I can get in there to hand corn and hunt that spot same morning or afternoon?
              I wouldn't even bother using corn in your situation. Go to academy and buy a bag of BB2 and just use that lightly spread around trail intersections and funnels. Then use your vanilla scent and the wind as much as possible.

Comment

You can go into closed areas to put corn out and maintain your stand.its option 6
                Last edited by 1poorboy; 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

is that Bb2 better than corn or deer cain for attracting deer?

Comment

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
                    You can go into closed areas to put corn out and maintain your stand.its option 6
                    The problem with that is my bow is usually in the truck because I am hunting an area that is open. I can't take the bow into a closed area and it is just too much gas to take the bow home and then go out to corn and go home to get the bow and go to the hunt spot.

I have 3 stands up. 1 has been open every weekend. 1 has been closed every weekend. and the 3d has only been open during the Columbus Day weekend so I was there that weekend. I think I am going to 2 next year. The gas gets expensive. And the corn.

Comment

I've had really good results with it. Even dropped a 9 that came in to it and there was still fresh blood from the spike in the same spot from the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                        I've had really good results with it. Even dropped a 9 that came in to it and there was still fresh blood from the spike in the same spot from the day before.
                        Dang Brad, You're racking up brother.

Comment

That was my shotgun hunt last year in San Angelo

Comment

does anuone know if anything has been taking out of 104, 8, or 37 yet?

Comment

Can't really say whether it's better or not, but can say it works better than some others I have tried. I had a camera on the feeder (long since deleted) and the deer were in there pawing at the ground to get at the little stuff than had sunk in. Alas, none of the were legal.

Comment

does anuone know if anything has been taking out of 104, 8, or 37 yet?

I'm too lazy to look, but if you check the hot line at 254-532-9425 you will get the latest update. Of course it does not incude any deer that have been shot and not yet registered. But it's the most up to date info.

As to 104, 8 and 37, I'd say your best bet would be 8 or 37. Have been running cameras for two years in 104 (amazed that nobody has swiped one yet) and have seen a lot of does, some pigs and very few bucks. and the ones I have seen have been marginal. That said, everything that I have said applies to the area above the cliff line. What has been going on down by the lake, I have no idear.
                                Last edited by EdO; 10-22-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X