Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
    No it's on some private land that I may get to hunt.i sure hope it works out.
    That bad boy is a tank! You mind tellin me where that is? Obviously not coordinates but like city or county.

Comment

Originally posted by fonzo View Post
      What is the general rule of thumb or practice taken with cows while hunting on hood? I can't seem to get away from them, but what happens when on opening day if I get out to my spot, throw some corn out and the cows show up to hang out. The cows on hood are used to people and act like buddies, so how has everyone gone about getting the cows moved out of your area?
      I just don't worry about it, they usually seem to move on pretty quick when they realize they aren't getting much

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
        I just don't worry about it, they usually seem to move on pretty quick when they realize they aren't getting much
        Maybe I'm putting out too much corn then haha. These fat turds just lounge around and I've even caught them on camera laying down to rest and get up to finish eating what's left.

1poorboy, I like that plan!

Comment

Originally posted by fonzo View Post
          Maybe I'm putting out too much corn then haha. These fat turds just lounge around and I've even caught them on camera laying down to rest and get up to finish eating what's left.

1poorboy, I like that plan!
          spread your corn out instead of piles it makes it harder for the cows to get it and they leave faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
            That bad boy is a tank! You mind tellin me where that is? Obviously not coordinates but like city or county.
            its in bell county.

Comment

its in bell county.
              I have a farm in Holland that I hunt(my moms) and there's been 160's and 170's killed out there with character like that. I just have not seen that on anything with cedars and limestone!

Comment

If someone makes a bad hit this weekend is there anyone with a tracking dog that tracks on hood?(I hope this doesn't jinx me)

Comment

If someone makes a bad hit this weekend is there anyone with a tracking dog that tracks on hood?(I hope this doesn't jinx me)
                  I know a few folks, just pm me. Doubt youll need it

Comment

I got two tracking dogs, so if ya make a questionable shot, give me a call 254-400-9139, but I don't think you can use dogs on hood for recovery.

Comment

3 days... lets hope they actually do some land management.... arrows dont go far people

Comment

Land Release. Notice Blue Shaded areas
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                          Try again

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                            I got two tracking dogs, so if ya make a questionable shot, give me a call 254-400-9139, but I don't think you can use dogs on hood for recovery.
                            sure can they have to have area access

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                              Thanks for posting!!! Looks like the 115 free for all is wide open!

I'm still gonna wait until Monday. If it don't work out, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                                Thanks for posting!!! Looks like the 115 free for all is wide open!

I'm still gonna wait until Monday. If it don't work out, oh well.
                                hope it isnt shot out by then.. usually goes quick..

Comment

Working...
                                X