No announcement yet.

Somerville WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone ever set a game camera out there?

Comment

Went out last evening and this morning. Seems to be a pair of dogs runing deer pretty hard. I seen a glimpse of them last night and this moring early I had a doe coming running by and a few seconds behind her wath I thought was a buck chasing a doe turned out to be two stupid dogs. I did see a couple other deer later but I am sure these dogs a driving these deer crazy out there.

Comment

Mike,

Those are probably the same dogs I saw out there (and walked by me twice) last night....a white and black one and an all black one. I seriously contemplated making those dogs a memory last night, but being they had collars on and the thought of some kid missing their dog I opted not too. However, I might think different next time especially being they are chasing deer out there.

Comment

Didn't see much this morning, but didn't stay long either. Had some pigs come by close, but it was too early and too dark to see.

Comment

Trey I did not get a close enough look to see a collar. I am afraid if this becomes a regular sighting I am slinging an arrow.

Comment

If ya'll hunt yegua creek, what entrance do ya'll use cause the only one i know is the one that has that big creek running right across and i don't want to swim across it.

Comment

I believe there are three marked entrances on the Yeagua area. The entrance they have now on the side I am thinking you are talking about is in a stupid place. Right down the road from it there is a locked gate. Thats where it used to be before they moved it to where it's at now. There is some good hunting in that old entarance you just have to walk I little further now. If you are coming down that road from 1697 right after you come down that hill on the right is a pasture that the landowner must plant oats. In mid Nov. you I have counted 20 to 25 deer over there with several nice bucks being on that oat patch also. I know those deer come back to the WMA side it is just so tick in there. But I ahve always wanted to set up in there.

Comment

Mike, I'll be back out on Friday afternoon, hopefully there won't be any dog sightings this time. I thought about calling the GW up there and telling him about the dog situation, but I'll see if its more than a one-time only occurance. Hunting public land is hard enough let alone when you throw dogs into the picture.

Comment

I spoke to one of my mechanics today and was telling him about them. He knew exactly what dogs I was talking about. He has a some site he servises right down the road. I let him know there is a 20.00 bounty out.

Comment

Someone laid the smack down on a slick head!

Comment

Mike,
                        Thanks to you and Andrew for the help getting her out. I will follow up with LDP when Trey gets them down loaded. I had to wait for it till I got home. She is all quarted up and in the ice chest by 1:30 pm. Thanks again.
                        Tommy

Comment

Someone laid the smack down on a slick head!
                          congrats!

Comment

I'll get the pictures downloaded tonight

Comment

anyone seeing any bucks move out there yet? I have not been out there since I scouted it.

Comment

looking forward to the public land LDP

Comment

Working...
                                X