Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
    Hunted Sunday evening until illegal ....
    I have been ruined 4 times so far this year. Twice by boy scout troops, once by dog off the leash, and once by mushroom hunters, ....

Comment

Got out eArly this AM. Construction started at 6sm with bulldozers sounding like they crushing trees about a mile half away. Sounds like 40 yards. Lol! Well, at least I don't have to worry about making noise. Ha! We shall see

Comment

Debating going for a walk deeper in woods up hill. Nobody hunting anyplace close to there, so giving this another 30. Non stop tractors/chainsaws/ jacks busting rocks. Can't hear a thing but that. Pretty ridiculous. Anyone ever spot stock here? Again, I know there is knobody around me as I looked up on brads computer where hunters are located. Only 2 and they are opposite direction of where I want to explore.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
          Debating going for a walk deeper in woods up hill. Nobody hunting anyplace close to there, so giving this another 30. Non stop tractors/chainsaws/ jacks busting rocks. Can't hear a thing but that. Pretty ridiculous. Anyone ever spot stock here? Again, I know there is knobody around me as I looked up on brads computer where hunters are located. Only 2 and they are opposite direction of where I want to explore.
          Spot and stalk is not allowed.

If you want to find a new spot its best to put your bow up.

Not worth losing your permit over.

Comment

Roger that. Thanks mike. I'll hold here. It's hit/miss with construction, but this is loudest it's been. Again, maybe it will work in my benifit. Thanks man

Comment

Haha! Of course when I was finishing writing, Mrs Doe came in. My heart started pounding, and I turned my phone camera on and placing it in its spot.......and....It slipped out of my hand and dropped 15 ft from my tree stand on a rock. Bye bye Mrs Doe. She was young in though. I think

Comment

Originally posted by Jkj1986 View Post
                Who all has bagged their ticket for next year?
                I have. 4.5 y/o.

Comment

Saw the funniest thing earlier this week at Lake G. Had 2 infants that just lost their spots and a spike at the feeder. A mature buck came down the hill to check the scene for does(out of range of course), and the spike turned around and started a stare off. Then the spike just tore out after him, and they locked horns. I've never seen a spike act so aggressively and actually start a fight! Of course he got pushed around like a rag doll, but didn't care.

Comment

Siting in stand reviewing pics. Should've been here this morning. Nice legal 8 was here. Fingers crossed. Going to use some tinks or similar tomorrow. Saw a big 10pt chasing a doe near lake property on drive in.

Comment

Sounds promising!! Good luck. How's wind over there?

Comment

Swirly

Comment

Ok, who's out!! Little windy, but I'm finally not sweating. Golden ticket time!!!

Comment

Hey you -Chris have you seen any real good deer this year. I usually have one or two in the area that I look at but this year nothing that has made me stop and look. Last year there was a one that pushed high 30's at the end of my street by 3405 but Im starting to think the roads got him.

Comment

Stayin for the long sit today!! There's a lot going on over here. Just watched a buck make a scrape. So cool

Comment

Any updates on the harvest?

Comment

Working...
                                X