Bass Pro Shops Photography Seminar - Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you set a value on a photo?

Do you use a standard or custom model release?

How do you catalogue/save/backup images

Comment

Ditto the question about cataloging/saving/backing up images.

Equipment care/protection/cleaning while in and out of the field?

Your typical equipment setup lens, filters, etc.?

Can we buy you lunch and pick your brain before or after Saturday or Sunday's session?
      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I would be very interested in lighting and the various qualities you look for with specific subjects and shots. The means to read the light and convert via pixels for effect (DOF, sharpness, softness etc.). Any tools or tips to help manage light and enhance specific shots maximizing the light qualities to help deliver that POP effect based on the subject material.

Your bread and butter "run and gun" setup for those quick wildlife shot moments. An example of this would be your approach to specifics like overcast, bright sunlight, high contrast shots (hot white with heavy shade framed as one) and general techniques (the baseline) working wildlife and action based outdoor shots. Shots that are tough to capture....literally in your face and now before it's too late and gone forever..how to stay prepared and pull it off with literally no time for setup.

Sure wished I could go.
        Last edited by AtTheWall; 07-25-2008, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Hey Don,

Russell sent me his avatar pic. He said he was too busy to set it up, so maybe you can help out?

Here you go........

Comment

Done!

Thanks Shane, I know Russell really appreciates our help.

Comment

Yeah, that's just the kind of "roll up your sleeves and help" kind of bunch we have around here. We should really be given some kind of award for being such good folks.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the great questions and keep them coming.

Thanks for the spongebob avatar, Shane. I love him and I think I'll keep him.

Comment

I will be there all three days (working)...... will try and make all your workshops.... I may be able to sink some information into this brain of mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Graves View Post
                      Thanks for the great questions and keep them coming.

Thanks for the spongebob avatar, Shane. I love him and I think I'll keep him.

Dang it, Russell. I figured that would be one that would force you to put one of your pics up for your avatar. If I'd known you were going to keep it, I'd have picked a better one.

Comment

Shane,

I bet I can change it to something that will motivate him.

Comment

Yeah, I think he's just trying to show us how tough he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Yeah, I think he's just trying to show us how tough he is.
                            I love Spongebob and me and my little boy and girl watch it every day when we eat lunch together.

I would change it now but I am currently at Dallas Love Field (11:03am, July 29) waiting on a plane bound for New Orleans.

There, I will spend the next two days shooting pictures of an off shore oil rig for a client.

I should have brought a fishing pole!

-RG

Comment

I'll bet somebody will have a fishing pole there. Sounds like a cool assignment.

As for Spongebob.....I was watching it with my son when I saw the post about your lack of an avatar. That was my inspiration.

Comment

Reminder bump...

Hope to see you guys there. Make sure you get me some questions if you have any you'd like for me to answer.

Thanks,

RG

Comment

Working...
                                X