Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent. It seems unfair that all the good people get taken way before their time, but I guess God has his purposes for taking Tuthdoc so early.

Comment

Like many others I have that kicked in the gut feeling.

Matt - those of us at the Axis lease throughly appreciated your updates as John fought this battle. We did our best to carry on, yet everyone was just going through the motions. We even choose blinds so that we have cell phone / internet access to get the latest updates. I can't wait to have you in camp at the Axis lease.

Bobby and Mark you have lost a brother - but you have gained and extended family here. I can't wait to have you guys in camp as well.

I never got a chance to meet Doc in person, though I have talked to him many times over the years. One of few men I have never met I held the up most respect for. In m y opion a true meassure of a man - is the mark he left on those around him. Doc left a BIG MARK in this world. He will be deeply missed.

Although I saw a couple hundred Axis this weekend I found it poetic this was the only one I managed to catch a picture of.

We'll be seeing you Doc!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Axis 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	23886073

-Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        He is with Allen now. Can you imagine the stories?
        I was thinking the same thing. Again, rest in peace John.

Comment

What a loss for all of us. But, what a blessing he was while we had him.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family's, Mark, Matt & Bobby. As I said before, seeing how much of a mark he left here on the green screen, I can't imagine his magnitude of influence on those closest to him.

Thanks for everything, John. Enjoy the paradise of hunting grounds up there.
          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I've been away for a few days and was shocked to see the first thread on the green screen had the terrible news of John's heart attack, and eventual passing. I, like so many enjoyed John's words of wisdom, his posting of deer photos and those great names he gave them. A friend to everyone on the page who meet him here or in person. He will be missed by all. His family should be very proud of a man who touched so many. God speed my dental brother and hunting mentor.

Comment

I met John some 15 years ago. I was teaching a Bowhunter Education course over in Channelview and this guy came to attend the class, Dr. John Lee. John was a hunter and you could tell he was in the class because he needed to not that he wanted to.
              I used his wisdom of hunting to aide in the class. After the class he came up to me and made a comment that he really enjoyed it and really did learn some great and important thing that most hunters don't realize that are important. That comment made the class worth it to me.
              John was a class act and will be missed in the world.

Bobby, Mark, Matt...when the time is right, we need to give John's memory a bowhunters farewell, shooting the one arrow in remembrance and honoring of John's life.....

Comment

We've lost a great one, There are no words to express the feeling of emptiness. I like many others barely knew the man in person, but more so from TBH, He will be greatly missed, One can only hope that after passing you feel you have left your mark, I guess there is no doubt about that in this case. To his family, Take great pride in what Doc meant to us all and know that our hearts are with you. Rest In Peace Doc, You will always be remembered

Comment

It's too funny Bobby and Mark, but when I was 18 yrs old and tournament fishing all over the state I always heard about how good the Lee Boys were at bass fishing. My B/I/L used to tell me alot about you all and your fishing skills. I always have thought alot of ya'll and how John and his brothers could conquer the great outdoors together, whether hunting or fishing. Thanks for the many years John that you have unknowingly influenced the lives of those that you never knew. You are being missed and will always be....

Comment

Very sad!

Comment

Rest in Peace, John. You will be missed by everyone you touched in many different ways.

Thank you for all of your stories you shared with us here on TBHer.

Comment

Rest in peace Doc!! I wish i would've had the honor of meeting you in person but after reading all this post's I feel like I did. Will miss all your posts and your great hunts.
                        Prayers sent from the Flores Family

Comment

Prayers sent for doc

Comment

My condolences for the family........they, as well as TBH has truly lost a great man.

Comment

Rest in peace Doc.

Comment

Just got back from the ranch and read this. Prayers for DOC's family and friends. Rest in Peace Doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X