No announcement yet.

deer pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread once again Tuthdoc! I'm documenting the growth process on several down on the Blackjack Peninsula which I will share when the time is appropriate. Thanks for sharing these!

Comment

Here's another buck that will probably be a management deer next year. Average tines. Narrow. My nephew took these pics. Seems like we have a lot of single kicker deer this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10 with kicker fp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	23872849

Name:	10 with kicker fp2.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	23872850

Name:	10 with kicker fp3.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	23872851

Comment

Yeah Doc, I ripped out the photocell and converted them to 12v rechargeable batteries and digital timers. I just can't keep the flippers operational. I think I might build some sort of cage that goes over front to discourage corn acivity.

Comment

Yeah... short beams kill that deer's potential...

Comment

very nice pic. and that is a lot of coons they eat more than the deer

Comment

Remember this little guy a couple years ago. I posted and "age?" thread. He' abslolutely no older than 2 1/2 here, but if you covered up his horns, a case could be made that he's a yearling. For ranch purposes, we settled on 2 1/2. I wanted to put up a protein feeder for him, but they nixxed it. Didn't want to add any that year.

Name:	DSC01518 rs.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	23872979

Name:	P4 baby.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	23872980

Name:	P4 baby 2.JPG
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	23872981

Here he is the next year. Man, what potential. They let us put up a feeder pen that year in December.

Name:	DSC00402.JPG
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	23872982

Name:	DSC00438.JPG
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	23872983

Name:	traveler 07.JPG
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	23872984

Name:	traveler tc.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	23872985

Name:	traveler tc 2jpg.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	23872986

This is his home. He started using the pen almost immediately. He's been on protein for just over a year and DID HE EXPLODE! He's one fine deer. He's put on lots of inches and pounds. If you didn't know who he was, you would swear he's 1/2 and not 4 1/2. He'll get two more years. Could be the next 200 + off the ranch. Here he is this year. Pic was taken by my nephew.

Name:	traveller close.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	23872988

As You can see, he didn't get his drop, but everything else points to a lot of promise.

LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist this pic.

Comment

Doc that deer i sent you a picture of had a stunted side on one side the year before as well...

Does he look anything like the deer you told me about?

I remember that thread from last year where you posted this dude. Definitely a stud 3 year old in the picture where you show us his horns

I think I questioned whether the 2 year old was the same deer
                Last edited by Encinal; 02-18-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Very impressive guys. Looks like there will be plenty of stories come October!!

Comment

dang they look good

Comment

Living the good life, Doc. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait till May for the axis updates.

Comment

That's him. He didn't grow his drop this year, and none of his kickers will score, His right 2 was weak this year, but he's a typical 11 with LONG tines, good spread and mass,. He's in the mid 60's easy as a 4 1/2 yo, His body grew so much that I'm sure that took a lot of his growth energy. I can't wait to see him this next year.

Comment

Doc,
                            once again you have created a great thread. Can't wait for your next one.

Comment

Awesome pics Doc. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                                That's him. He didn't grow his drop this year, and none of his kickers will score, His right 2 was weak this year, but he's a typical 11 with LONG tines, good spread and mass,. He's in the mid 60's easy as a 4 1/2 yo, His body grew so much that I'm sure that took a lot of his growth energy. I can't wait to see him this next year.
                                Yeah no doubt 3 and 4 are him. But I swear that 2 year old pic is a different deer!!! hehe... there is a black spot on the top of the inside of the upper left ear on the 3 and 4 year old pics... It's there both years... but not on the 2 year old year...

color/face etc is all diff too...

Comment

Working...
                                X