No announcement yet.

deer pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, just enough time for a little rest between each effort. All I need is a fallow/sika lease in August/september and I'd be set. Probably need to start elk hunting again, but it's a pain trying to get drawn where I want to go in NM. I've got a GPS full of waypoints but can't go, LOL

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Tuthdoc.....you make the unpleasant lightness of my wallet feel a little more tolerable! Also, thanks for the heads up on protein choices. From the game cam pics they seem to be going after the corn/protein mix really well!

Take care and keep us posted!!!

predatorsniper

Comment

Here's a buck that I think they shot a year too early. I watched this buck for 3 years with a buck we call Traveller, Traveller is 4 1/2 and this buck was a year older. He was a heavy deer for his age, even as a youngster. He just started with the extra brows and kickers this year. He was 5 1/2 this year in my opinion, but with his protein intake, he looked older, which is normal. He had a frame that scored 158 and had 14 inches of kickers and extra brow,. He grossed 172.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ES2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	23872752

Name:	ES3.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	23872753

Name:	ES4.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	23872754

Name:	ES5.jpg
ID:	23872755

Name:	ES6.jpg
ID:	23872756

Name:	ES7.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	23872757

Name:	ES8.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	23872758

Name:	ES 1.jpg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	23872759

Comment

doc......I'd have an absolute blast with your coon population!!!

It seems I'm getting almost as many calls these days from hunters wanting the coons cleared from their lease as I do from sheep ranchers wanting their coyote, fox and cat population knocked down!

Take care.....

predatorsniper

Comment

I would have to agree with you on that deer not looking 6-7.

Comment

The great thing about you doc is if you have a monster that wont eat protein because of an abcessed tooth you can fix it.lol Nice bucks

Comment

Truthdoc, looks like you have an investation of some Racoon's!!! Great looking Deer buy the way!!!

Comment

Wisdom!!!!

All those bucks look smarter than anybody here on TBH. What would we do without trailcams??

We gotta respect all those "old bucks".

Comment

Nice pics doc!

Comment

Where are the pigs? Did the coons collaborate to force them out? They look like a little gang guarding their turf under the feeder.

Comment

We have hog panels around the feeders to stop the pigs. We have had a problem with cattle jumping the panels and have set up 4 or 5 barbed wire pens to test how bad the hogs will be, They can't get the protein out of the Boss Bucks, but while they are in the pen, the deer won't come in. Still a work in progress. Cows have been a nightmare this past year. They brought in hundreds and hundreds from different ranches and undoubtably they knew how to jump panels and tear up pens.

Name:	pigs in pen.jpg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	23872777

Comment

Nice deer Doc. I usually hunt down at the Junco every March, to help thin out the hogs. I've seen some really nice deer in 5 and 6, that's where I hunt.
                          That is one heck of a ranch.

Comment

Did you hear that Leonard passed away last week?

Kill every pig you can.

Comment

Doc, how have you solved that rubber flipper issue with those kenco straight shooters? Coons keep chewing them up on mine.

Comment

I replace them as needed, but have never had a coon on one, at least not that the cameras have shown, I may be the single pole keeps them away from it. The corn will eventually wear them out, but they aren't that big a deal to change, I don't use them on my main feeders, Only problems I've had is just getting a good unit, They are either good or don't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X