X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Good lord...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea and it just sits offshore near Matagorda, stalls again, slowly strengthening and is just absolutely pummeling the Texas coast line. At hr126 it finally comes ashore around Sargeant slowly and makes its way right on top of my house in Montgomery County at hr144 still a strong tropical storm! That is around 5 to 6 days of wind and non stop rain.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back from Rockport, grabbed my boat and all my valuables. Our place is just east of Rockport in Lamar, off of St. Charles Bay. Tried to save as many of my mom's antiques and store it upstairs; however, believing what Johnny is saying, our house will be 10-12 feet under water and may reach the 2nd story, we'll have mullet swimming in our living room. The storm surge will definitely destroy our house, we are 50 yards off the bay. The eye of the storm will come right over our house, so we'll get the strongest of the eye wall winds.

Hope everyone stays safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
        Just got back from Rockport, grabbed my boat and all my valuables. Our place is just east of Rockport in Lamar, off of St. Charles Bay. Tried to save as many of my mom's antiques and store it upstairs; however, believing what Johnny is saying, our house will be 10-12 feet under water and may reach the 2nd story, we'll have mullet swimming in our living room. The storm surge will definitely destroy our house, we are 50 yards off the bay. The eye of the storm will come right over our house, so we'll get the strongest of the eye wall winds.

Hope everyone stays safe!
        This is inconceivable to me...to know with a level of certainty that your house will be overtaken by the ocean soon. Glad you were able to take care of things as best as you could.

God speed all TBH folks impacted by this storm.

Comment

Would be catastrophic for Houston if latest GFS & Euro 12z verifies.. really dreading this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
            Curious, does anyone know the size of this storm as far as miles?

Master-C

blue shaded area below is 650 miles wide, total circumference of area is 2000 miles

such a huge mass of energy

Comment

Prayers up for everyone. Y'all stay safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                Master-C

blue shaded area below is 650 miles wide, total circumference of area is 2000 miles

such a huge mass of energy

That's pretty much the entire gulf lol. Where is Bauce for his input on this? Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                  Would be catastrophic for Houston if latest GFS & Euro 12z verifies.. really dreading this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                  The GFS shows a historic flood event...never seen anything like it.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                    That's pretty much the entire gulf lol. Where is Bauce for his input on this? Lmao
                    Yep... this one's not just sniffing... it's full inhale!

Comment

Harvey is now a cat 2 with 100 mph sustained winds and strengthening.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        The GFS shows a historic flood event...never seen anything like it.

More historic than Allison? She did similar thing parking over htown.

38.8" of rain for some in a matter of a day. I keep hoping Harvey's rain over 5 or 6 days will be some (my) saving grace

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Harvey is now a cat 2 with 100 mph sustained winds and strengthening.

and the GFS is now showing it as a Cat 4 (948 millibars) coming in, right?

Comment

Do y'all really need to use technical terms? Frankie knows what's up...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9xoN-R3YoM"]Major Storm to Hit Houston Texas Starting on Saturday August 26, 2017 - YouTube[/ame]

On a more serious note....I'll be working 12 hour shifts out of the Humble Substation for HCSO starting tomorrow night at 7pm. If someone needs something, let me know and I'll get you some resources.
                            Last edited by Chew; 08-24-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Hit cat 2 30 minutes ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Frankie says dat sideways rain be coming! And don't forget ya rain coats!

Comment

Working...
                                X