Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint View Post
    We have 7 RV hook ups in Liberty Hill if anyone needs a place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is tempting. Not really much more north but at least away from big falling trees!

Comment

We got home to Spring around 8pm from POC. Traffic wasn't too bad on 59 yet. I heard traffic on 77 in Halletsville and La Grange was bumper to bumper.

We boarded up all the windows, put our golf cart, neighbors cart, neighbors Gator and the shoalwater in the barn and shut the doors. Drug the airboat back just incase we need it.

Most neighbors left their boats in their sheds. Ours should float if water gets that High. Our slab sits 14-15' above sea level so hope it doesn't come to that.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Mary(and other Kingwood folks), some food for thought... In the big rain event in '94 there was no hurricane, just a big rain event caused serious flooding on the San Jacinto River drainage... Kingwood high gym had 3 feet of water in it... Some houses in Mills Branch flooded.... West Lake Houston Parkway was completely inundated. Water went over the guard rails on the 59 bridge... In 2001, with the big flood, it was a lesser rain event, yet many of the same areas flooded worse... back then, that big area where Costco in Humble is now was low lands and marsh... The big gated community that is in River Grove Park area was also just marsh drainage... All the development along Mills Branch and Ford roads was not there back then... The drainage has been seriously diminished since we had a bad storm... Ike did not bring that much rain... yet, Kingwood was seriously damaged by wind with fallen trees, and 3 weeks of no power...

After reading Johnny's post, he said what I was thinking... IF the hype comes true, The rain AND wind Driven with a long duration event, could inundate area of Kingwood that have NEVER flooded. Plus, with the watershed in deteriorated shape from silting and all the development in and around the Kingwood area... You might want to consider GETTING OUT!!

I'm gonna try to get my daughter/son-in-law/grandsons to leave... They've never had a problem other than no power during storms, just regular old garden variety rain/thunder storms... Out here on the prairie we might get lots of rain, but it will run off pretty quick... I hope they will come on out...

Good luck to y'all!

I was here for '94 and it was a good amount of flooding for sure. Ike was tough like you said be cause of trees damaging power lines. We were out of power for 28 days.

Comment

Steady procession of cars on Hwy 77 evac route coming from Vitoria into Hallettsville (just before 10pm).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3686.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	24509291
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

So I guess there is no construction tomorrow??

My company is out of Alice & several of our suppliers are on the coast with cc & Houston being key & couldn't give updates toady...they all shut it down early & we look to be closed up before noon tomorrow. Reckon I'll get a cheat / weather day. Still kinda perplexed what to expect way down this way on the clean side.

Weird deal & sorta icky that so many of us come to sorta like & still loathe the storms simply depending upon the outcome. So many would love to see a few inches out in our Ranch Country / Falcon / watersheds / farms etc...still, us greedy hunters don't want the birds run off for next weekend or ruined crops / deer blinds trailers / etc.

It simply all pales to those dealing with the destruction zone & what that brings to home...I just hope Harv chills on his arrival & feel for everyone having to fret.

<><

Originally posted by Mary View Post
            I lived at 59 and Weslayan when Ike hit....I left for Dallas and it took forever and there were cars stalled everywhere. That is what I am afraid of tomorrow. I have a full tank of gas so no worries there (I headed the TBH warnings early and beat the lines ), but getting stranded somewhere on the road with me is one thing, having mom in the car brings my stress level way up. I'm going to go to work in the morning, look at all the new reports, and figure out my strategy at that point. Tonight, my head is stuck comfortably in the sand.

Comment

Traffic on 77 south of Halletsville this afternoon at 5:15:

This was on the bridge across the Colorado river going into La Grange at about 7:

The attendant at the food mart (previously Alfie's) in Schulenburg was placing out of as signs on the pumps at about 6:30 this evening. Wife said she overheard him tell the guy at the pump me to her thy went through 10,000 gallons of gas today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                Man I've seen them all that have hit Texas since Carla in 61.

Johnny this one has me bothered a little because of the amount of water that it may dump for days.

I'll be on the dirty side of it if it comes in south of POC but I'm hoping the winds won't be CAT 3 at my house.

Pretty concerned with my cabin northwest of Edna though but nothing I can do about that and it's insured.

Good luck everyone who is with us here on the coast.

I'm in Edna . I can check it out for ya in need be . We ain't leaving .

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                  When's the next official update?

There was one at 10

Comment

Latest GFS model running and down right ugly.

Basically comes ashore, sits in same spot forever then drifts back south, gets over the gulf just offshore and starts creeping east up the coast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      Latest GFS model running and down right ugly.

Basically comes ashore, sits in same spot forever then drifts back south, gets over the gulf just offshore and starts creeping east up the coast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Good lord...

Comment

From twitter.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Good lord...

Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                            We got home to Spring around 8pm from POC. Traffic wasn't too bad on 59 yet. I heard traffic on 77 in Halletsville and La Grange was bumper to bumper.

We boarded up all the windows, put our golf cart, neighbors cart, neighbors Gator and the shoalwater in the barn and shut the doors. Drug the airboat back just incase we need it.

Most neighbors left their boats in their sheds. Ours should float if water gets that High. Our slab sits 14-15' above sea level so hope it doesn't come to that.

How many can you sleep in that place? We're planning a reunion next year and looking for a place that holds 10-12.

Comment

So when is this shower supposed to make landfall? (According to most recent models)

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                                Yep!

You gonna wish you still had the boatright...

Comment

Working...
                                X