Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    TMag, is this looking toward the Trinity down S.H. 105?

Rwc
    Looking east toward the river, which is around the curve.

Comment

They busted a big crew that was looting and armed robbing last night...

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Anyone know how the levee breach is going to impact? it seems this may be way under reported.
        Agreed. Just heard about this not long ago.
        Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
          Looking east toward the river, which is around the curve.
          Very familiar with that area, I would take it the house that sits of the east side of the river and south side of S.H. 105 is flooded out? He had a large metal building with business to the west of his house. Some very beautiful places along 105 near the river on the east side.

Stay Safe.

Rwc

Comment

Worried about water over-topping levees on Addicks and Barker Reservoirs. Wondering how long before levees will give way and potential effects if this occurs. Looks like they feed right in to Buffalo Bayou, which goes right through Houston. Have family that is now dry in Braeswood Place area of Bellaire.
            Last edited by tradtiger; 08-29-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Big *** helicopter just flew over us to get to 2854 (I'm assuming).. low enough I could check air in the tires

Comment

Mightve been NG?

Comment

Man it is raining HARD here on the Prairie! Hasn't let up for a while! We are way over the 40" mark now... If this continues, we'll be breaking thru the 50" mark! Talk about Biblical proportions! Water hasn't returned to it's high mark it hit early on in this event, but the way it's raining, if it don't let up soon, it will!

It's heartbreaking to read about all the devastation and see it on TV... Let's all pray to our Lord for a break in this! Right now, we are still draining well, but as full as all the rivers are, there's got to be a limit at some point...

I'm pretty concerned about that right now... Lord help us all!

Comment

kingwood still hasnt peaked.

Conroe decreasing its release.

uncontrolled release at addicks dam

approx. 100K without power
                    Last edited by systemnt; 08-29-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      Worried about water over-topping levees on Addicks and Barker Reservoirs. Wondering how long before levees will give way and potential effects if this occurs. Looks like they feed right in to Buffalo Bayon, which goes right through Houston. Have family that is now dry in Braeswood Place area of Bellaire.
                      I read that Addicks was already @ uncontrolled release as the level was over 108'

I believe this is by design, and is meant to give temporary relief in case of overflow.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Man it is raining HARD here on the Prairie! Hasn't let up for a while! We are way over the 40" mark now... If this continues, we'll be breaking thru the 50" mark! Talk about Biblical proportions! Water hasn't returned to it's high mark it hit early on in this event, but the way it's raining, if it don't let up soon, it will!

It's heartbreaking to read about all the devastation and see it on TV... Let's all pray to our Lord for a break in this! Right now, we are still draining well, but as full as all the rivers are, there's got to be a limit at some point...

I'm pretty concerned about that right now... Lord help us all!

Praying Charlie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          No longer flooded in, house stayed high and dry. Drove into Hempstead this morning and got breakfast at the JacknBox. Also topped off the fuel tank on my truck and WalMart was open. Only commodity they did not have in stock was bread. I was the only one in the check out line, the only one! Bought some 6lb Stren line on close out for three bucks just trying to feel normal again. There's a good bit of blue sky trying to move in from the NW.

How far down 290 is accessible?

I need to get to Barker Cypress and 290 on Thursday

Power out in that area correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay, so if uncontrolled release was built in to Addicks' design, I guess that's something; maybe can think it won't necessarily have a catastrophic failure.
                            Last edited by tradtiger; 08-29-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

We've surpassed 52" of rain in Pearland.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                                Okay, so if uncontrolled release was built in to design, I guess that's something; maybe can think it won't necessarily have a catastrophic failure.
                                It's designed to specifically mitigate catastrophic failure, the uncontrolled release begins on the northeastern part of the reservoir, and any soil erosion creates a gradual release. The fear is that the soaking rain could cause the erosion to be more rapid and sudden. The engineers that designed these things did so with this type of event in mind so hopefully it works as-designed.

Comment

Working...
                                X