Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
    In my opinion, certainly seems that Harvey is attempting to re-organize, but looks to be losing its Tropical characteristics. Likely already a Sub-Tropical storm(doesn't really make a difference for Houston & SETX) but look for the convection to be heavily focused to one side, and the wind field expanding.. Already seeing both of those things.

Dry air is definitely choking Harvey off a bit offshore, and limiting convection near the center but there is PLENTY of lower level moisture for this to dump lots of rain over the already hard hit areas. Tough to say what will happen later tonight, but it looks like atleast currently the strongest storms are focused to the areas South & SE of Houston. Also some deep feeder bands extending from the Gulf towards the Lake Charles area. Still think areas N & W of Houston will see rain throughout the night, but hopefully it stays light.

Just my opinion guys, and please listen to the Professionals. These Flood Warnings and advisories are nothing to blow off. Already entirely to much devestation, we don't need to see anymore that is preventable.

God Speed TBH!
    I'm pretty sure, any professional weather man that's getting it right, has been following you, Johnny, and bonesplitter on tbh.
    Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      59 bridge is under

Wow, it's hard to fathom the amount of water that fallen across Texas....

Comment

Broke '94 record....anyone know if bridge at 59 in Humble is underwater yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post

See above

Comment

Got a couple badly taken pics during an attempted rescue in woodforest...
            Lake creek is flowing like the Colorado through this neighborhood..and actually right through homes.
            I say attempted rescue because we couldn't convince the lady (House on left at far end..cant see in pic) to leave. She had too many valuables..and hadn't moved enough upstairs..
            Would let anyone help her and just wanted left alone.
            It's sad and its frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post

[emoji15]

Well would you just look at thaaat!!

Comment

59 is covered and shut down. Just seen it on the news

Comment

Out here in North Katy, just had a bit of blue sky, and the water is coming down quick in our neighborhood. Rain has almost stopped. I think we are through the worst, and if anyone in the Katy area needs a lift out of their home, or any other sort of help, don't be afraid to ask.

We got lucky here in my neighborhood, and are blessed to not have lost anything.

Comment

Anybody heard from TexasPride? Haven't seen him posting. I believe he is in Hockley.

Comment

I'm in Southeast Texas and have been watching the river levels closely the past 2 days. I'll say this whatever they are projecting for the flood levels expect more. Not sure what they're basing their information on but they aren't even looking ahead at the amount of rain thru Thursday morning. It seems like the pro's can't see beyond the end of their nose. Pine Island Bayou is already higher than they expected it to be. Stay safe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIB_SL.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	24509574

Comment

Anybody have updated information on the Addicks Reservoir? Last I checked it was over 108' which should have it spilling over on one end

Comment

We had to bug out last night when Chocolate Bayou came thru my front door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                            We had to bug out last night when Chocolate Bayou came thru my front door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Very sorry to hear that, glad you are safe, prayers sent

Comment

Anyone know firsthand if 99 north between I10 and 290 is passable? I keep getting conflicting information. Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Anyone know firsthand if 99 north between I10 and 290 is passable? I keep getting conflicting information. Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Latest update i have was last night (7 pm) when we drove to Cinco Ranch, they had 99 blocked at I-10. However, you could most likely go around a barricade and keep going. I didn't drive it though. Someone on here said his wife made it through there in a 2wd Forerunner last night.

I live in the neighborhood in that area of 99, and the water has gone down. It would definitely be safer today than yesterday, but most likely is still flooded.

Comment

Working...
                                X