No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got pics from grandpas house in Rockport, it is still standing, had some damage though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Winds a kicking way the hell up over here again... light rain though..so theres some relief from that..

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
        Top of spillway gates are 202ft

Spillway is 173ft . Gates are on top of it. Just looked at a picture of the spillway, so it is lots lower.
        Well the lake was at 206ft last i saw! that would be 4ft over the top of those. sum ting wong.

Comment

How is Cypress and Cypress Creek areas holding up?

Comment

The concrete spillway is at elevation 173. Top of gates when closed is 202. As the gates are opened to release water from between bottom of gates and top of spillway (concrete), the height of the top of the gates is raised. As the gates are raised the flood storage of the lake is increased by whatever amount the gates are raised.

Basically, if all the gates are open 2', then the flood pool storage becomes 204.

Comment

My brother-in-law lives in Katy - the Kelliwood Greens area off Fry Road. He just sent me this pic from his front porch. (there's a street out there somewhere.) Apparently the back-up from Barker reservoir has reached his neighborhood. Since it is likely they will end up with several feet of water in the house they are getting out. He, my sister-in-law and their disabled daughter are waiting on a boat - just heard there is one on the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flood.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	24509525

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                I know some folks that live next to Cypress Creek off of Champion Forest and they have about 6 ft. of water in their homes now.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                  The gauge at LCC and Kluge is 1.1' over the tax day level. Flood gauges aren't changing much but only because the water is being dispersed over a wider area. I am .5 mile from Little Cypress Creek. So far the retention ponds are holding. I don't know how much more we can take. I am well out of the 500 year zone and am expecting water in my home if this continues all day. I have many friends with water in their homes for the first time.

Comment

Power has been out and I'm only running the generator periodically to keep the freezers in good shape. I haven't seen a weather report on tv since 7:30-8am...is it my imagination or is Harvey getting reorganized closer to his center? Without wifi, the radar is not wanting to load very good on my phone. I need updates from TBH weathermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      Power has been out and I'm only running the generator periodically to keep the freezers in good shape. I haven't seen a weather report on tv since 7:30-8am...is it my imagination or is Harvey getting reorganized closer to his center? Without wifi, the radar is not wanting to load very good on my phone. I need updates from TBH weathermen!
                      It looks to me like the system is tracking Eastward. Doesn't appear that Houston is out of the woods yet as far as rainfall, but hopefully by tomorrow it could move out of the area. That's assuming Harvey doesn't draw up additional moisture in the gulf, and that it keeps its current track.

Comment

This is the bridge at spring creek on Kuykendhal maybe half mile S. of Woodlands Pkwy.. normally bridge is 50-60ft above the creek now 6ft under water. My pup was getting super stir crazy and I wanted to check out the local waterways so we went out on a run.. all flooded. Pic doesn't do it justice, and it was pouring rain again! That in the background was a full size 4 door pickup

Comment

Radar looks like the center of rotation is over surfside area now. Based off the TV news guys, they are thinking it is going to push north east and take the moisture with it.

However, I do not trust them as far as I can throw them.

Hopefully one of the TBH weather gurus will chime in soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            Radar looks like the center of rotation is over surfside area now. Based off the TV news guys, they are thinking it is going to push north east and take the moisture with it.

However, I do not trust them as far as I can throw them.

Hopefully one of the TBH weather gurus will chime in soon!!!
                            I have watched a total of less than 5 minutes of the news since this thing started. Just the little I watched reminded me why I shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                              It looks to me like the system is tracking Eastward. Doesn't appear that Houston is out of the woods yet as far as rainfall, but hopefully by tomorrow it could move out of the area. That's assuming Harvey doesn't draw up additional moisture in the gulf, and that it keeps its current track.

Unfortunately, Harvey is tapping into the Gulf since he started the trek back to the coast. Bad thing is I don't see us getting many breaks like before in between bands now that we are closer to the Core, and moisture is just constantly getting wrapped around our area. Hopefully we won't see the intense rainfall rates, and just light to moderate, but ANY rain is bad for us right now.

Night time is when I will be concerned.. Cooler air temps mixing with Rich, warmer tropical air mass coming off the gulf is not a good combo.

Stay safe TBH. Praying for all of us!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X