Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBeaster View Post
    The concrete spillway is at elevation 173. Top of gates when closed is 202. As the gates are opened to release water from between bottom of gates and top of spillway (concrete), the height of the top of the gates is raised. As the gates are raised the flood storage of the lake is increased by whatever amount the gates are raised.

Basically, if all the gates are open 2', then the flood pool storage becomes 204.

Correct. The only spillway on Conroe is at the gates. There isn't another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
      What part of PG is this in? My Wife's grandfather lives in Plantation Place and wondering if he is under evac notice or not?
      Not exactly sure but I've heard that all of PG is under mandatory evac. The Count Judge is being interviewed via phone now on 13 and said it's not a levee breach but a pipe that drains to a retention pond outside the levee. It had been worked on recently and has failed. They're trying now to make repairs before the water gets to high.

Scary to think how fast that neighborhood flooded from just a large pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
        Then the radar on weather underground is way off!!!

Center of rotation is directly on the red 80 degree dot. In between freeport and matagorda....long ways away from Corpus.

Corpus looks far away and dry in relation to everything I am seeing on radar...

Gotcha, I was guestimating from the NOAA map. Even if it's at Matagorda, moving at 2 mph, it's going to SW of Houston for at least another 24+ hours.

Comment

Just heard on the news they are expecting Kingwood drive to flood.

Comment

FYI for those that are traveling north up I35 I am getting reports that many of the gas stations around Waco are out of fuel. It seems to be worse along the interstate. I noticed several stations with fuel further into the city and away from I35.

Comment

Rosenberg is getting the strongest wind I have seen since things started right now. We are getting pounded!

Comment

Anybody know about Halls Bayou by 59 on Saunders Rd? Buddies Truck is at a diesel shop there curious if it's flooded out.

Comment

I just tried to get out again. Water was high still at the creek near the end of our county road, but made it through that only to be stopped by the PoPo on 321 where 105 and 321 split south of Cleveland (near Tarkington Bayou). LOTS of water!! It's coming across all roads everywhere I went, and lots of evidence that it has been MUCH higher... Water had strong currents headed south, so if the rain would just stop, I think the water would run off pretty quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    Doesn't make much sense to me either. All I know is that the lake is high and still rising here at the house on the north end. I don't think they can let the dang water out fast enough to compensate for the water coming in from Grimes and Walker county

I have heard (not confirmed) that they estimate the incoming water is almost double the max discharge. This came from VFD Buddy.

Comment

Looks like we're cut off now from getting up 59 from Victoria with boats to where we were called to respond. In El Campo now, any word on where we may be needed or can still get to from here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        105... kountry katfish.
                        I am there in traffic right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Rosenberg is getting the strongest wind I have seen since things started right now. We are getting pounded!
                          Yeah but the Pho place by your house is open for carry out...

Would you mind snagging me a Bun Mi..

I just checked my rain bucket, I'm at 27 inches since it started.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
                            Top of spillway gates are 202ft

Spillway is 173ft . Gates are on top of it. Just looked at a picture of the spillway, so it is lots lower.
                            Tainter gated spillways have that much operational room.

Prayers from up north for all you guys!
                            Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                              Still high and dry in central Houston. Very blessed to live on a street with great drainage and not in the flood shed of the nearby bayous. There are homes with 3 feet of water in them not even 2 blocks from me. We are up to approximately 22 inches of rain through lunch time today from the start of this mess. We would love to get out and help, but we are stuck. Got flood waters blocking about every direction.

It's absolutely crazy what's going on. I know that the last few years of development has in some ways made this flooding situation worse for may areas and water sheds. However, let's be honest here. This region of the state gets approximately 47 inches of rain annually. Many areas have received over 50% of their annual rainfall percentage within the last 48 hours. Apply that to most areas around the state and there will be major problems.
                              Abilene's average annual rainfall is 26". I can't even imagine getting that much or more in a couple days' time. I feel so bad for y'all.

Comment

Lake Livingston: All 10 gates on the dam are open 90,000 CF per second being discharged and the lake is still rising

Comment

Working...
                                X