No announcement yet.

East Texas Fall Plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planted mine this afternoon, rain on the way tonight.

Little behind everyone else

Comment

I planted ahead of the rain monday. I'm late but should be perfect timing now.

Comment

Ours are finally coming up!

Comment

All of mine are getting a timely drink right now ! I’m gonna have a helluva crop of winter wheat !

Comment

Mine have been in the ground a week and had 1.5” 4 days after planting. Raining good here now. No growth as of yesterday. Pigs bombed the entire part of that property mid week

Comment

I just got a few pics of my neighbors cows, so hopefully he gets them out before they walk all through my plots

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                I just got a few pics of my neighbors cows, so hopefully he gets them out before they walk all through my plots
                Cows, donkeys, the guy’s bull down the road ! What else ? I’m waiting on the bears to show up !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Cows, donkeys, the guy’s bull down the road ! What else ? I’m waiting on the bears to show up !
                  Ha, im hoping no bears. I told him about the cows yesterday, and only had a couple pics on my north side, so hopefully he got them and fixed the fence and they dont make it all the way to your side this time. With all the rain, we decided not to go this weekend

Comment

Got just under 3” yesterday/this morning

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                      Ha, im hoping no bears. I told him about the cows yesterday, and only had a couple pics on my north side, so hopefully he got them and fixed the fence and they dont make it all the way to your side this time. With all the rain, we decided not to go this weekend
                      I got nearly two inches at home, I imagine more on the lease. I know Henderson got about 2.5”.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        I got nearly two inches at home, I imagine more on the lease. I know Henderson got about 2.5”.
                        I need to put a rain gauge out there. Rain app shows 1.48" for there, but im not sure where it gets its data from. Camera activity is starting to pick up again

Comment

Looked at my plots yesterday.
                          Got a good amount of rain, no washing so expect to see some growth in a couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
                            Planted two small plots with clover and chickory on the 17th and the 24th. Rather than wait for rain, I've been spraying the seedbeds with water at night using the sprayer on the utv. Nothing up yet but we'll see.
                            Came up pretty well after the last few rainy days we've had.

Comment

Daughters plot is up, just in time! Got a camera on a fence crossing with one of her shooters coming in during light. Hogs tore up some spots. This plot was no tilled and a heavy manure application applied afterwards. I didn’t have enough thatch to plant into this year with the drought. If we shoot a hog I’ll tie him to atv and level out the rough spots with it!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Plots are coming along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X