No announcement yet.

East Texas Fall Plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got 7 food plots to plant for some guys on a local deer lease but have been holding off due to lack of rain. It’s supposed to rain here Wednesday and Thursday, but I’ve heard that before and been disappointed.

Comment

Well should onow in a few days if our planting technique was successful

Comment

I got a half inch early this morning and I had to go check my big plot. It had moisture down to two inches deep so if we get the rain forecasted for Sunday and Monday I’m gonna be looking like a genius here at home. About a tenth at our lease so we really need that forecast to be spot on. If we don’t get some more soon, $800 worth of seed and fertilizer just gonna be buried in the dust.

Comment

I sure hope we get another splash on Monday. I’m going all in this weekend due to the rain we got yesterday and what is forecasted for Monday.

Comment

Planted 3 acres yesterday in wet soil. Forecast for more rain on Monday/Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
              Planted 3 acres yesterday in wet soil. Forecast for more rain on Monday/Tuesday.
              I hope and pray !

Comment

Drilled daughters plot yesterday and manure application today. Got an 1” Sunday and good chances first part of week

Comment

We have ignition ! We planted the 10th and 11th and my buddy went to the lease this morning. He sent me a few pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Equipment I used for planting my food plots. My grain drill is not a “No-Till-Drill” so I till the plots before using it. It actually does an ok job if the ground is bare and a little wet. But in this drought the ground is too hard without tilling it first.
                    I topped off the plots with turnip seeds I added to the fertilizer. Hope we get get the rain forecasted for Monday/Tuesday!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by GLM; 10-23-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=GLM;
                      I topped off the plots with turnip seeds I added to the fertilizer. Hope we get get the rain forecasted for Monday/Tuesday![/QUOTE]

All my weather apps are still giving 80% chance for Monday/Tuesday. Hope we all get some.

Comment

My plots are finally coming in.... Rain this week helped!

Comment

Checked the only plot I did this year. Drilled last … Thursday I believe. Looked like some country tested a few nuclear missiles in plot and adjoining hay meadow

….. can’t have nice things

Comment

Planted a few plots over the weekend
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	8E2BCF9D-554C-4DF2-BAB8-60F19991138B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	24696489

And caught a puddle on camera yesterday!!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	BC7BEFEE-4B19-4306-86A0-1C7D063D69B7.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	24696488

Comment

Finally. I over-seeded a few small plots with winter wheat today. More rain supposedly coming Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer have been hitting it hard.

Last edited by blatallic; 10-27-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X