X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent female this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been catching most of these critters on flat sets or blind setting 2 tracks. Do y’all have much luck with dirt holes? Some of this rock country I can’t even get a deep enough hole if I wanted to hard enough time getting a trap bedded solid in it. Using coyote turds I find as I drive the roads. Using gland lure only and red fox or smc urine. Seems like every time I use a bait I catch coons.

Comment

Found and set a natural coyote dig.
        Just plopped a little wad if June's Widowmaker in the bottom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220301_152232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	24678328

Name:	20220301_153115.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	24678329

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
          Been catching most of these critters on flat sets or blind setting 2 tracks. Do y’all have much luck with dirt holes? Some of this rock country I can’t even get a deep enough hole if I wanted to hard enough time getting a trap bedded solid in it. Using coyote turds I find as I drive the roads. Using gland lure only and red fox or smc urine. Seems like every time I use a bait I catch coons.
          A good gland lure and urine are king this time of the year. I prefer flat sets 10 to 1 over dirt holes, I will throw in a dirt hole as change up but they are more time consuming. Great job on that ol female, she was probably full of pups. Bringing in coyote scat from a mile or more away is about as good as it gets right now. Coyotes are really protective of their ladies and territory and will work a set hard with outsiders scat.

Comment

Concerning bait & coons, I had a coon dig out 2 sets that were gland lure only, last night. Both flat sets. Remade them today.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              Concerning bait & coons, I had a coon dig out 2 sets that were gland lure only, last night. Both flat sets. Remade them today.
              99% of my dig outs are coons and possums. Those suckers can really mess a set up.

Comment

There’s no coon proof set. That’s another reason I like flat sets, when the coon gets your lure, you just add more.
                Attached Files

Comment

No coyotes yet, with 16 sets out,
                  but I got a couple of the diggers.
                  Both boars, in dogproofs.

Name:	20220303_065919.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	24678377

Name:	20220303_070502.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	24678378

Comment

Going to start setting our pipeline on the back side of our lease. There’s always been a lot of coyote activity back here. 4 miles long. Probably only set the first two as the last part gets pretty wet.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Brute Killer it looks like your drill pipe drags are working like a champ

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                        Brute Killer it looks like your drill pipe drags are working like a champ
                        Yeah, they can't really move them except maybe spin them in a circle. They may possibly be a visual attractive, too. I don't know.

Comment

Well I am here to report a super stake on a snare will “not” hold a 200 lb boar. He has a free necklace now.

Comment

Misses and a snap

This cow vertebra was buried, top flush with the ground and visible, with a cotton ball with lure stuffed in the spinal cord hole.
                            Heart marks the pan

[ATTACH]1082613[/ATTACH]
                            Natural coyote dig with bait placed in the bottom. Heart marks the pan.

[ATTACH]1082614[/ATTACH]
                            Hog snap. Mud left on the trap.

[ATTACH]1082615[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice size female #17 on modified pipe dream set. This one was in heat as well. Those no bs k9 extremes are a coyote hammer !
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have a dozen of those K9 extremes and have never even put them in the ground. I really like the mb450 and 550s and I use a lot of Bridger dogless #3s

Comment

Working...
                                X