Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
    Happy belated birthday to me :-)

These k9 extremes are built like a tank ! They’re going in the dirt in the morning.
    Sharkhunter those K9 extreme’s are some good looking traps and I’ve heard good things about them. Good luck can’t wait to see one attached to a coyotes foot.

Comment

Question?? I'm in central Texas and want to set a few traps to learn what to do. So if I get a half dozen to play with what size and trap would you recommend for coyotes and bobcats? Also here in the hill country the ground is very rocky what's the best way to anchor traps so critters don't pull them out? All I have now is 1 coil spring trap I think is #3 a live trap and a coon trap. I set the live trap up the other night and caught a ringtail cat. I let him go didn't know what to do with him. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Comment

Might have to order 6 of those and give them a try. We may opt for the 4 coiled though.

Good luck, get some catches!

Coyotes are boarded for drying now and the bobcats will go on stretchers today as well.
        The big male coyote takes the whole stretchers length with it's tail, nice looking dog but we'll se if he's worth anything or not from the fur buyer.

Comment

I'd get some #3s or so for coyotes and bobcats, maybe 550s.
          We like a good sized trap for coyotes and bobcats, smaller will work.
          We also use offset jaws only on our traps, easier on the legs.

We trap rocky ground and use drags when we can't get a stake in the ground. Natural drags work well, big branches etc and heavier metal drags anchored to a bush work well too.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
            Question?? I'm in central Texas and want to set a few traps to learn what to do. So if I get a half dozen to play with what size and trap would you recommend for coyotes and bobcats? Also here in the hill country the ground is very rocky what's the best way to anchor traps so critters don't pull them out? All I have now is 1 coil spring trap I think is #3 a live trap and a coon trap. I set the live trap up the other night and caught a ringtail cat. I let him go didn't know what to do with him. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
            There’s already been some good information replied to your post. My advice is to buy some Minnesota brand 550 traps, they are economically priced and well built and a good all around trap. I rarely anchor a trap, 98% are on jc Conner drags and 16’ of #2 machine twist link chain. Don’t go down the rabbit hole researching all kinds of sets, the flat and dirt hole will catch any coyote alive.

Comment

550’s are bomb proof and hill hold just about anything in central texas.

Comment

Pulled the last of the traps I had out earlier in the week prior to the rain and cold.

Put 4 back out yesterday and will check after lunch

Comment

Thanks for the advise y'all. So what company do you recommend buying from? I've seen places like Trapshed, Flemings and southern snares is one better then others?

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
                    Thanks for the advise y'all. So what company do you recommend buying from? I've seen places like Trapshed, Flemings and southern snares is one better then others?
                    Fnt trading post is another good trapping supplier, along with Wildlife Control Supplies. Honestly most of the trapping supply companies are family run, and good people. I try to spread my business around between them.

Comment

Had a good day on the trap line. Put out my new k9 extremes this morning as well so looking forward to what the week holds. My goal is 20 coyotes off this property before the does start dropping fawns. Currently at #4 so I have a ways to go. Made some mistakes but corrected them.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Had a good day on the trap line. Put out my new k9 extremes this morning as well so looking forward to what the week holds. My goal is 20 coyotes off this property before the does start dropping fawns. Currently at #4 so I have a ways to go. Made some mistakes but corrected them.
                        Shoot yea Sharkhunter, nice work. I saw your posts over on trapperman,, looks like your getting your feet under you on this k9 thing.

Comment

Been after this old boy hard for the last 3 weeks. Finally got him on a flat set.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Been after this old boy hard for the last 3 weeks. Finally got him on a flat set.
                            Congratulations Sharkhunter, Your on a roll!

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                              Congratulations Sharkhunter, Your on a roll!
                              Thank you! Now on to big foot and black panthers.

Comment

That is a great yote super cool color. I would tan that hide for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X