Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How hard are your deer hitting the protein so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled ours in Mills county last weekend and they were all empty except one and it had about 300lb left. It had been 3 weeks between fillings and we have 6 feeders that hold a total of 6,900 lb of protein.
    I expect most will be empty before I can get back out to fill them on the 8th.

Up until a month ago they were hitting it lighter than usual

Comment

2,250 lbs in two weeks. I'm hoping our deer finish strong!

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
        Been hammering it all year.
        Yea, Im checking my feeders tonight and Im a little scared to see how much they have eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
          Yea, Im checking my feeders tonight and Im a little scared to see how much they have eaten.
          you dont want to know i checked 3 of them last weekend

Comment

I have never seen deer eat the protein like they have this season. They are leaving the cottonseed and hitting the protein hard. We fed 39 tons this month on the place I get to hunt. Excited about this season already!

Comment

Ours aren't. Finally got the first doe eating it after 2yrs of trial and error on brands.

Comment

Well our consumtption is up 25-30% YTD. Part of that is limiting our doe harvest last year but I feel like the deer are spending more time there too. Not uncommon to see one buck on camera stay at a feeder for 15 minutes at a time. Also, I wonder if having all the creeks, ponds and low areas full of water is affording them more time to eat and less time traveling to get water.

Comment

Seems like our deer have finally slacked off over the last couple of weeks...a couple of members only had to add a bag to each of our 14 feeders...this is pretty normal this time of year as we are finally seeing temps above 100 consistently..

Comment

Working...
                  X