Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How hard are your deer hitting the protein so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our deer have picked up greatly this month. We went from a 4.5ton a month avg. To around 7tons this month. I would be we will see a major decrease this month with the heat finally kicking in. Ranch is still super green also

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
      Our deer have picked up greatly this month. We went from a 4.5ton a month avg. To around 7tons this month. I would be we will see a major decrease this month with the heat finally kicking in. Ranch is still super green also
      Wow! That is a big jump. Can't wait to see some pics off your place!

Comment

Checked my Krivo and it was empty. Small acreage but they ate 900-1000lbs in 27-29 days. Alot of deer hitting it hard

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Checked my Krivo and it was empty. Small acreage but they ate 900-1000lbs in 27-29 days. Alot of deer hitting it hard
          That is great to hear!

Comment

Our 1000 lb feeders are empty. We filed them
            3 weeks ago in south Texas. Deer are hitting them and the cottonseed hard at our place right now.

Comment

Deer have started hitting the protein pretty good at our place in Coleman county.

Comment

Our deer are addicted to protein and if you feed free range they will eat 1k pound in anout 10 days no matter how much rain we have had, any time of year. Del rio area.

Comment

I chipped in on this one a while back - and it has been up and down since. Once the heat set in, they started pounding the protein again. It has been a race to keep up on the feeders. We are on cycle 5 of 3k fills and getting ready to go again in llano/Mason county. Got new water troughs next to a couple of the feeders.

Anyone made any mineral slicks or had some good response to mineral thus far?

Comment

Protein feeders got filled today. Deer went through a little over 2,600 lbs in the last 3 weeks

Comment

Hitting them hard right now. They also seem to be working over a world class crop of partridge peas.

Comment

Well I refilled the feeder last Friday, had about 50#s left. Will be the 3rd time I filled it this year. 500# feeder.

Comment

Filling again tomorrow, puts it at 12,500lbs I think since Jan 25 on 600 acres.

Comment

Been hammering it all year.

Comment

We use food plots as the primary supplemental feeding but started two protein feeders up by the farm house. One is a 55 gal drum feeder and one is a 400 lb protein feeder and they are lasting about a couple of weeks at the most. They are feeding pretty good at the feeders. I built a pond this yr and used alfalfa pellets for organic fertilization on the pond. I have 250 lbs of the alfalfa pellets left over from the pond fertilization and was wondering if I can add these to the protein feed? has anyone had any luck using alfalfa pellets for protein feed?

Comment

1500lb protein feeders are lasting 2.5 weeks in eldorado.

Comment

Working...
                                X