TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking drags brother!!

Its hard to tell from the pics are they flat? Or did you give them a bit of rotation to dig in?

Comment

most of the time I just run the drag off to the side and only bury the chain.... The ground around here is rock hard caliche and if I was ever able to get a stake in, I wouldn't ever be able to get it back out. I like how easy and quick it is to set a trap with a drag. The brush is so thick around here that most of the time they don't get 5-10' from the trap bed.

one tip is angled down and one up....

Comment

Ok guys, I was curious about our State trappers assoc. so I sent them a quick email asking a few viable questions..

The email speaks for its self.. and I will keep everyone up dated..

Dale Love <mrdalelove@gmail.com>
        10:47 AM (0 minutes ago)
        to jordan.trapper.

Jordan, my name is Dale , I have trapped for many years and ran everything from long lines to ADC work in Oklahoma and Texas, and trapping is a passion and way of life that I want to pass along to my children and onto theirs..as well as others that are interested in trapping.

I have looked into joining your organization and before I commit I would like to ask a few questions.

The first thing that I noticed is the website is not kept up to date some updates are from 2009 and nothing newer.

Were will me dues be utilized?

Does the State association represent us at a state level to protect and watch out for our rich history and tradition of trapping?

I want to know that my dues and my time spent representing this organization will be beneficial to our State trappers .
        Thanks
        Dale Love

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
          Yeap, Anna/Coleman area would be a bit of a drive I think I need to buy a Prius, lol!!!

We need to start a Trappers Location thread so that lease members, land owners can look and see who is the closest trapper to them and were they will travel too, kinda like the tracking dog tread.

Great idea

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            That would be neat. I'd like to do a little 'ride-along' with a trapper sometime and try to learn a bit

You could also try contacting the county or city animal control and see if they have a local trapper you could ride with

Comment

Ok guys, I was curious about our State trappers assoc. so I sent them a quick email asking a few viable questions..

The email speaks for its self.. and I will keep everyone up dated..

Dale Love <mrdalelove@gmail.com>

10:47 AM (0 minutes ago)

to jordan.trapper.

Jordan, my name is Dale , I have trapped for many years and ran everything from long lines to ADC work in Oklahoma and Texas, and trapping is a passion and way of life that I want to pass along to my children and onto theirs..as well as others that are interested in trapping.

I have looked into joining your organization and before I commit I would like to ask a few questions.

The first thing that I noticed is the website is not kept up to date some updates are from 2009 and nothing newer.

Were will me dues be utilized?

Does the State association represent us at a state level to protect and watch out for our rich history and tradition of trapping?

I want to know that my dues and my time spent representing this organization will be beneficial to our State trappers .

Thanks

Dale Love

I'd like to know as well

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                most of the time I just run the drag off to the side and only bury the chain.... The ground around here is rock hard caliche and if I was ever able to get a stake in, I wouldn't ever be able to get it back out. I like how easy and quick it is to set a trap with a drag. The brush is so thick around here that most of the time they don't get 5-10' from the trap bed.

one tip is angled down and one up....

Lol not here I have tracked a coyote over 200 yards with a drag an 10' of chain. Glad I had dogs

Comment

Can't believe I just found this. I should be pretty busy trapping this year myself. I need to dig out all my stuff and inventory what I got.

Comment

Super easy to set (especially for kids) and the design is bullet proof.

We ran 36 of these traps for a 6 day period last year and brought in 66 coons that we kept and released quite a few that were not big enough yet.

Is the tension less than the Duke traps? My older neighbor is having trouble setting his Dukes. Says Arthritis is kicking his butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                      Is the tension less than the Duke traps? My older neighbor is having trouble setting his Dukes. Says Arthritis is kicking his butt.
                      The tension is about the same, but the cool thing with these is you can just step on them with your foot to set them (hear a click) if you don't have the strength to squeeze them brother..

Comment

Here are two types of snares I use. One is cheap and easy and the other is a little more complex to build but work a lot better. second pic is close to 125 snares. I need to get some more built.

Comment

Picked these up for free from a guy that no longer traps. 3-#2 and 6-#1 1/2

Comment

Score!

Comment

Got my first coon yesterday.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X