Tall buck, but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
    Question I have is when and who has been checking this camera ? and unless its a cellular camera it hasn't been changing the bucks pattern thus far. I sure hope you get him and take some good Ldp's for us.
    I check the cameras every weekend. I always make sure to check them in the middle of the day, to avoid spooking them. I made the mistake of spooking a nice ten point last year, and never saw him again. He had been a regular at my feeder until that day.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
      This buck scores 162 2/8.

11 3/8 inside

[ATTACH]550898[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]550899[/ATTACH]

So, it's quite possible.
      Scotty that buck has 13 pts. Not comparing apples to apples. I would like to see a Texas free range deer that has a 12" spread and scores 160" with only 8 pts.

Comment

Im with the 4.5 maybe 5.5 crowd that has him in the mid 140s. Stud buck for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CADDOKILLER View Post
          12 1/2 wide 6yo and 162
          So give us your measurements that get him to 162 with that spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
            I check the cameras every weekend. I always make sure to check them in the middle of the day, to avoid spooking them. I made the mistake of spooking a nice ten point last year, and never saw him again. He had been a regular at my feeder until that day.
            does he show in the evenings as well? IF SO, then don't hunt him in the mornings and you won't have to worry about spooking them off making your way into the blind in the mornings

Hunt him smart and Good luck with him - he is a stud!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
              does he show in the evenings as well? IF SO, then don't hunt him in the mornings and you won't have to worry about spooking them off making your way into the blind in the mornings

Hunt him smart and Good luck with him - he is a stud!
              He does show in the late evenings just not as frequently as mornings. I am definitely considering just evening hunting.

Comment

After your latest post of trail cam photos, he is much older than 3.5, and will stomp a hole in my original quick glance score!

I have hunted Bosque and McLennan County lands since late 80's and this 8 point is the finest 8 point I have ever seen for our area! You my friend have a legit trophy to chase. Go ahead and smoke him Saturday........lol

I'm praying of ya, and wish you the best. Remember; call me before you call Darrell....lol

Rwc

Comment

awesome deer !!

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                    Several reasons, the groups of bucks always disappear from the feeders a week before archery opener. Second, this group of bucks are hanging out at the feeder as early as 4 a.m. and stating until feeder throws and corn is gone. I will bust these deer out of the area if I attempt to get in stand. You never know though, I might get lucky
                    Simple...sleep in the blind Friday night. That deer is more than worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                      He's at least 4.
                      Agree and all over 130.

I'd shoot him!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                        After your latest post of trail cam photos, he is much older than 3.5, and will stomp a hole in my original quick glance score!

I have hunted Bosque and McLennan County lands since late 80's and this 8 point is the finest 8 point I have ever seen for our area! You my friend have a legit trophy to chase. Go ahead and smoke him Saturday........lol

I'm praying of ya, and wish you the best. Remember; call me before you call Darrell....lol

Rwc
                        He is the best looking 8 I have ever seen on our place, and I have been on this property since birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                          Simple...sleep in the blind Friday night. That deer is more than worth it.
                          Good point! I know it looks like a slam dunk because of all the pics. Trust me it will be a different story come Saturday. Our place is like the Bremuda Triangle when it comes to hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            Man even if he's 2 years old, where I hunt. I aint passin him. THWACK!
                            Don't be that guy

Comment

130" legal

So shoot.

Comment

Sure was hoping for a phone call to come put my hands on him.......

Keep in touch.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X