No announcement yet.

Tall buck, but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna guess 4.5 yrs, just over 13 inch inside spread and finished out at 149 +\- an inch. But hey, it's just a guess

Comment

That is just beautiful!

What a great way to cherish some special memories Chad! I know someone is mighty proud of you. Those tines point the way.
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-25-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I hope you have some tall ceilings

Comment

That looks awesome!!
          Great idea with the pedastle mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            GG, I just got the low down on it this past Tuesday at the HH from Peacock. So I had to catch up on the thread a bit . I had some how missed him telling me about it since then . Heck, I didn't even hear anything from my neighbor Goosedog about it. So I've kinda been in the dark till Tuesday. I don't get over here in this forum very much.
            I hear ya. I remember last year when he posted pics of the deer and my jaw dropped. Then a bunch of folks kept saying 125-130. I mean...Crap, I can see missing a big nontypical 25 inches, but how the heck do folks miss an 8pt that much horn? I think some folks just do it intentionally out of jealousy.

I dont understand it. When someone posts a giant, I get all excited for them and hope to see where they killed him. This may well be the largest 8 point Peacock will ever see! Super congrats

Comment

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
              I'm gonna guess 4.5 yrs, just over 13 inch inside spread and finished out at 149 +\- an inch. But hey, it's just a guess

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                I hear ya. I remember last year when he posted pics of the deer and my jaw dropped. Then a bunch of folks kept saying 125-130. I mean...Crap, I can see missing a big nontypical 25 inches, but how the heck do folks miss an 8pt that much horn? I think some folks just do it intentionally out of jealousy.

I dont understand it. When someone posts a giant, I get all excited for them and hope to see where they killed him. This may well be the largest 8 point Peacock will ever see! Super congrats
                In all likelihood, most people have no idea how to score a deer. They just throw numbers out there without doing any math. It's really funny to see guesses on age/score after the deer has been killed, scored and aged.

Comment

Good looking mount! Awesome buck, I've always loved BIG 8's and this one is Huge.

Comment

I love this buck!!!

Comment

Great mount. I too underestimated those tall tines
                      Great deer and thanks for the story and follow up.

Big pig

Comment

Working...
                      X