The ETX Dinosaur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
    pretty sure his rutting days are done. Still a chunk & no staining like everything else.

Wait....it's not possible for a really old deer not to have staining. Ive read about it here on other threads so you must be mistaken.

Hope you can finally lay your hands on him....dinosaur for sure.

Comment

Bell curve of life. Diapers, no diapers, diapers. Pretty sure he started one of the Low T threads on here.

Stand a really good chance of killing 20yrs of deer with a 13" and spike tag this year if things work out that way. I'm going to shoot both on sight regardless of what the cameras are showing.

Comment

Dang....might have to root for the deer on this one. No offense!

Heck, it's a little hard for me when killing 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 year old deer. Lot of respect for those old war horses.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexan View Post
          Dang....might have to root for the deer on this one. No offense!

Heck, it's a little hard for me when killing 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 year old deer. Lot of respect for those old war horses.
          Not me. Heck, they're often easier to kill when they get old and senile.

Hope you get him soon, David. He may not make it to next year.

Comment

I'm pulling for me. Only thing that'll save him is if a 160-180 class steps out first. Then I'll pour out some cream corn during the youth season & see if my nephew can connect.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Still kickin'

Comment

So I take it you never saw him? That's too bad. Hopefully he makes it one more season...

Comment

Have to sit on the stand more than 5 times to luck into that one. Had I hunted Thanksgiving week I'd have saw him every day around 8:30. Unfortunately kids get stomach bugs... I would've just been watching him though because I would've already pulled the trigger 30 minutes before he started hitting the field that week.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                      Have to sit on the stand more than 5 times to luck into that one. Had I hunted Thanksgiving week I'd have saw him every day around 8:30. Unfortunately kids get stomach bugs... I would've just been watching him though because I would've already pulled the trigger 30 minutes before he started hitting the field that week.
                      LOL I played cat and mouse with my target buck through December as well, now I haven't gotten any pictures of him in almost a month. Still got another two weekends to hunt this month so we'll see how it goes.

I replied to your PM as well. Let me know what you want me to do.

Comment

I did see the double drop buck at about 15 yards Fri morning. He hasn't been on camera for a while now, so I wasn't expecting to see him. Seeing him let me figure him out though, he's running old seismograph lanes that were cut across the property and he can go from unhunted property to unhunted property without every anything but one small road I've let grow up. I broke away from the deer stands and went and put my climber on a slick sycamore tree that morning.

Comment

Still ticking.

Comment

Wow how old do you think he is? 12+?

Comment

Has to be based on his build in '08. At least 4-5 then for end of Dec with the way his front end was built up.

Comment

Awesome to have that much history with one

Comment

Working...
                                X