No announcement yet.

The ETX Dinosaur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has he shed both antlers? I have a couple that have shed.

edit...I see that's a last years shed sorry. Surprised it isn't chewed worse.

Comment

We don't have many squirrels except on the SMZs. I had put a 4wheeler tire and a bushhogg over that shed before I found it in Sept.

Comment

What does that side score?

Comment

67 & change, IIRC. Really makes me wonder what the other 8 I was after would have scored.

Comment

Went back to favoring that back right leg.

Attached Files

Comment

Umm...double drop buck looks nice.

Comment

He's a good character buck, but those drops are about all he has going for him.

I just have a feeling an absolute giant will show up this year.

Comment

I will take that character buck off your hands while you are out chasing a bonafide whooper, lol. JK, I totally get what you are saying. This will be "the year" for a lot of folks.

Comment

I need to see what this one looks like. I might get served divorce papers if I shoot it though.

Comment

I hope the injury doesnt affect him too much, he will be stud

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                        He's a good character buck, but those drops are about all he has going for him.

I just have a feeling an absolute giant will show up this year.
                        Bahahaha. This has to be one of the funniest posts on TBH. Must be nice to get to a point where a main frame 10 with double drops, kickers & nice brows is nothing to you. I see over 200" deer daily in our HF & that buck would still ring my bell. Something is wrong with you!!! :

Comment

He's only an 8pt frame this year(not counting drops) with kickers, bladed/(more like a spade) G2 on 1 side and double brows and drops...for a total of 15pts. He had 13pt as a 3yo, 9 as a 4yo....maybe 20" MBs. You get picky with 1 13" tag, especially on years like this. That buck made quite a jump, so did another one running with him...so you start asking what if on 150"ish deer from previous years. Bad thing is, I do know chances are good that those drops are gone next year.

Comment

pretty sure his rutting days are done. Still a chunk & no staining like everything else.

Comment

choot

Comment

I will if I see him. First daylight pics of him in years and I'm starting to get a lot of them. Betting a new buck has moved into his little area he likes to hang out in and he's just not wanting to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X