X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
      Which coop? Please tell me Producers in Bryan. Or a coop in Brenham is good too.

Is the September 1 deadline for pre-booking or can you go pick it up now?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        can you give us detail on what you plan on planting, amount per acre, cost, and where you are buying from?

Thanks and great thread
        I plan on doing Elbon Rye, either Durana Clover or Whitetail Institute Clover, and Tecomate Chicory. And since I just broadcast them into dead thatch I plant at this rate: Per acre...100lbs of elbon, 6 lbs clover, 6 lbs of chicory.

I will probably add some siberian kale this year again since the deer really like it and eat it better than radishes/turnips. I throw 2 pounds of kale per acre.

I get my elbon from producers co-op in Bryan and they usually have chicory too. Probably order WI clover from online....either from Hancock or maybe even Amazon (since I have Prime).
        Last edited by unclefish; 08-24-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          I plan on doing Elbon Rye, either Durana Clover or Whitetail Institute Clover, and Tecomate Chicory. And since I just broadcast them into dead thatch I plant at this rate: Per acre...100lbs of elbon, 6 lbs clover, 6 lbs of chicory.

I will probably add some siberian kale this year again since the deer really like it and eat it better than radishes/turnips. I throw 2 pounds of kale per acre.

I get my elbon from producers co-op in Bryan and they usually have chicory too. Probably order WI clover from online....either from Hancock or maybe even Amazon (since I have Prime).
          Dang I need to check out Amazon.

From your experience what seeds grow best in a sandy soil?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ty

Comment

Are these prices good if I go up there next week and just buy 10 bags from them? Are bob Oats still $16 a bag that way?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                  Are these prices good if I go up there next week and just buy 10 bags from them? Are bob Oats still $16 a bag that way?
                  Update: I just called producers and they said they have plenty so I'm going to swing by next week and pick up 15-24 bags depending if we plant the back section.

going Cereal Rye / Oats / Wheat Mix

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    Update: I just called producers and they said they have plenty so I'm going to swing by next week and pick up 15-24 bags depending if we plant the back section.

going Cereal Rye / Oats / Wheat Mix
                    IS cereal rye the same as elbon rye?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      IS cereal rye the same as elbon rye?
                      Yes Elbon rye is a cereal rye variety.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

I really want to try it this year. Heard a lot of good things about it

Comment

UF, possibly weird question but if im planning on doing the thatch cover and then broadcast the seed into it, does it really matter how much time I allow between when I shred and when I broadcast? Thinking no, but not for sure

Comment

Originally posted by birddoggin View Post
                            UF, possibly weird question but if im planning on doing the thatch cover and then broadcast the seed into it, does it really matter how much time I allow between when I shred and when I broadcast? Thinking no, but not for sure
                            No. I have broadcast and then mowed right after it same day. You just need a good rain after to germinate the seed.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Originally posted by birddoggin View Post
                              What UF said. You just want to broadcast the seeds first before you shred it. Otherwise a good majority of the seeds will sit ontop of the thatch. Just betters you chances at a good seed/soil contact.

Comment

and rates prob a littler higher than the norm im guessing..............sounds bueno!!

thanks yall

Comment

Working...
                                X