No announcement yet.

Orange, Newton, Jasper and Jefferson County thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday morning I eneded up seeing two pretty 8 points that need a few more years and a couple of doe. I'm still struggling trying to find some mature targets to hunt. Here is one of the two I have on camera but I think he doesn't meet my goal of 130
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
      Killed a deer I've had on camera since 2016/2017, last Saturday evening. Bittersweet feeling. 135 1/8". He came thru scent checking and never looked at the hand corn I have out. I saw 5 bucks that evening and only one young forky stopped at the corn. Brother saw an old mature 7 chasing a doe this morning followed by another young buck.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	9point1.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	26614756
      Dang dude, you know how to knockem down. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
        Sunday morning I eneded up seeing two pretty 8 points that need a few more years and a couple of doe. I'm still struggling trying to find some mature targets to hunt. Here is one of the two I have on camera but I think he doesn't meet my goal of 130
        Most 10pts will be 130"

Comment

I hear you Calvin but I've got two mature ten points from that lease and both were in the twenties. Not that it matters much but it's just been a goal of mine. I'm plagued by short tines and beam length

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221201-092123.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	26616083 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231019_173319_Photos.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	468.1 KB
ID:	26616084 heres both of them.

Comment

You rascal! You got him!

Comment

Calvin That's the one I killed last year and the TC pic with it is one I killed a couple years ago. You can definitely tell the buck I killed last year has some of the same genes

Comment

Nice bucks, you on a roll

Comment

Deer activity is on the uptick which is on par for my area of Newton. Shouldn’t have an issue meeting our doe quota and have several nice bucks starting to show up more often in daylight.

Comment

Awesome. We are starting to get pics of some new bucks. Which is always good

Comment

Orange County deer activity has been good. Got a lot of doe tags to fill.

Comment

Getting close. Hopefully we will see a flurry of chasing in the next week

Comment

My cameras in Jefferson county have pretty well died off. Had our best buck in camera in daylight on scrapes and trails 9 days in a row, several days more than once. I passed him on 2 different hunts, 3 different times. The last 3 days, almost nothing. He will show up at night at a feeder for a short amount of time, either by himself, or with a young 7. Maybe lockdown? Maybe weather, who knows.
                            Last edited by LivinADream; 10-22-2023, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Good info, yall keep it coming

Comment

Hunted at home yesterday....nothing!

Comment

Working...
                                X