No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the website for the program I mentioned in my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
      So how are you guys calculating the stiffer spine needed for the weight up front? Example- If I'm shooting 400 spine now, but next set of arrows I'm planing on adding a heavier insert and a weight to the insert and I'm cutting out my arrow wrap. How do I know how stiff of spine I should get to account for the extra weight up front. Arrows are 27.5
      Push is correct. Look up ontarget spine program and use the program to pick arrow.

Not knowing a lot about your set up. But most of the time a 300 spine no longer then 27 to 28 inches can handle about 200 gn up front. If you want more then that look at a 250 spine. Blackeagle carnivores are great arrows to build high to efoc arrows. At that point I wound contact muddyfuzzy here and get him to build you some arrows

Comment

Just remember, the ballistic programs aren't always dead on. After MUCH tuning and experimenting I finally have my set up shooting where I want. My ballistic software says I should be shooting .250 spine but I have the Goldtip velocity shafts in .300 spine tuned perfectly and flying great. I built arrows in .200, .300 and .350 spine.

I'm shooting a 29 1/4" shaft with 200 gr up front at almost 19% FOC right now. I don't think the ballistic programs are perfect for higher FOC set ups in predicting a clean tune, it may still take some experimenting and tuning to get a clean tune.

Of course, every set up is different, but the ballistic programs are a very good place to start and you will not be far off when using them.

Comment

I called Black Eagle and they recommended 400's . . . . . but it seems like y'all go heavier.

How do I determine what's best according to what you guys are recommending? I'd like to get a sample set to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/sfax.aspx

This is the website for the program I mentioned in my previous post.
            Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
            I called Black Eagle and they recommended 400's . . . . . but it seems like y'all go heavier.

How do I determine what's best according to what you guys are recommending? I'd like to get a sample set to shoot.
            Use this software...

Comment

Software is great, just remember it isn't self aware. Garbage in = Garbage out......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                Use this software...
                i have pinwheel i'll have to figure out the process to determine the best shaft.

Comment

Programs are great. But they rely on input data. If it's wrong so will be the answer. Also. The spine of an arrow is static number. Arrows when shot are dynamic. So two arrows from two different companies can have the same static number but react completely different. The program cannot tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                    i have pinwheel i'll have to figure out the process to determine the best shaft.

I'd love to help, I've never used the program so I have no idea where to start.

Comment

Did everyone have a good season with their new and or updated builds?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        Did everyone have a good season with their new and or updated builds?
                        Yes sir.

I tested 4 broadheads this year. Two the same just different. Weights.

Still used my blackeagles. I cut them down short I mean short 24.5 ctc. I did try a new vane. Max hunters got them from muddyfuzzy. Nice vane.

Two heads where mech heads two fixed.

The mech heads where the veteran. One was 100 gn so I had custom 200 gn inserts made. The other one was 175 gn so I used bought 100 gn insert

The two fixed was the atom. That one was with the 200 gn insert. The other head was a 310 gn alien from Australia

All performed great. The mech heads are shotplacement heads. Need to stay in the magic v. Same with atom. The alien hell I just shot big head I wasn't to worried about it.

There's one more head for me to test. Hopefully it will be out in a few months

Animals so far whitetail buck,doe. Axis from the diamond c and several hogs. And one coon.

Comment

Heads
                          Attached Files

Comment

I didn't do a ton of hunting this season. I shot last year's setup in Africa this year and it performed well. The specs were 555 @ 19%.
                            Right now I'm putting together a new set up. I've changed outserts adding an additional 26 grains and switched from the 165 Simmons to a 225 grain Helix. The estimated weight should be 625ish around 22%. Should be a great setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              There's one more head for me to test. Hopefully it will be out in a few months.
                              The M.A.D.? I hope it is as good as they claim, I can't wait to try it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                The M.A.D.? I hope it is as good as they claim, I can't wait to try it either.
                                I don't know about the m.a.d.

The head I'm talking about is another one from veteran innovative

Comment

Working...
                                X