some numbers from the RPM 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
    So what are the opinions if you throw the Experience in the mix with the Knight and RPM?
    MY oppinion, and I got nothing to gain or loose:

RPM- I cant think of another BowTech that I've liked this much (at 28", I've heard the longer 29.5"-30" get rough fast, but have no personal experience) Draws awesome, lets down unbelievably awewome, shoots with very little hand shock (un rigged) They hit a home run with design............on the negative: One tested is far from IBO and is actually slower than my insanity (still very fast). and although the plastic grip feels great and is ergonomically correct, a wood grip on a bow that will total well over a grand after tax would be nice. "abomb" has one thats a little faster it appears, but still under 360. I was honestly hoping for a true 355 for an honest label... (kinda like a yeti 65....it aint 65, dont call it a 65qt ) I pick it of the 3 mentioned for the extra $50 over the experience

Experience- Loved it as well, It has a closer to home IBO rating, smooth but not really smoother than the rpm (at 28"). Since the initial cost is on the table I'd drop the $50 for the rmp...but wouldn't sell a experience for an rpm (thats my oppinion)

Carbon Overdrive- looks awesome, feels great, same plastic grip...that feels great but on a $950 bow I would prefer wood. IBOed at 342...swing and a miss. This bow tested at best in the mid to upper 330's, only a few fps faster than the several hundred dollar carbon knight. At 28" the draw to me was as bad as I could imagine. It aimed well, but bow jump to me was excessive for a bow with that price tag. I honestly dont see this bow in the line up long. I cant imagine anyone shooting an experience, rpm, browning 10 gauge, choosing this bow over them at same price...FAIL

Carbon Knight- not really in the same class. Smooth draw, but not as smooth as the assassin it replaced. But the shotr is suprisingly better (imho) than the assassin. Biggest limiting factor is the inability to correct cam lean if needed. (probably more technical that most will ever notice). Dollar for Dollar its still hard to beat. I'd still take assassin over it.

#1 Rpm
    #2 Experience
    #3 Carbon Knight
    #4 sling shot
    #5 heavy rock
    #6 I.E.D.
    #7 Carbon Overdrive

Thats the order I would choice if performance and not money was limiting factor

Comment

Update................................

"Rocky" just received his 2nd RPM 360

63#
      28"
      388g
      hostage rest

291fps............... same as 1st. these bows at shorter draw lengths andlower poundage SO FAR, WILL NOT come close to IBO. They are still great to shoot, but in a 28" bow Its slower that the insanity, and same as destroyer 350, and 82nd airborne.

He said he has a 70# coming as well, would like to see the same results as "abomb"

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
        I was told that you loose about 12-14fps for every " below 30 on this bow. Is this not true?
        My 62# destroyer 340 went from 290fps @29" to 276fps @28 1/2".

Comment

If it's speed that you really want you could drop roughly 80 grains of arrow weight that will help some if you are wanting to keep it at 60. Or you could just shoot 70 pounds and gain that 20 fps

Comment

Some are missing it....its not about "speed" its about doing advertised performance. I know how to get speed that's not the issue. The issue is there isn't enough speed built into this bow to hit the advertised performance.

Why in the &#*+ would I buy a Ferrari to drive 100mph when my old f150 will do it at 1/4 price.

I'm not saying I wouldn't shoot it just the way it is, bit lots of people sold fast bows to down payment this new super fast bow...that's the same speed if not slower.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Some are missing it....its not about "speed" its about doing advertised performance. I know how to get speed that's not the issue. The issue is there isn't enough speed built into this bow to hit the advertised performance.

Why in the &#*+ would I buy a Ferrari to drive 100mph when my old f150 will do it at 1/4 price.

I'm not saying I wouldn't shoot it just the way it is, bit lots of people sold fast bows to down payment this new super fast bow...that's the same speed if not slower.
              This.

However, I went from a Mathews ZXT to the rpm360, I'm happy lol

Comment

Low fence, by any chance have you tested the Chill R? Curious how the results from that bow would compare to the 360?

Comment

Originally posted by HoundDog View Post
                  Low fence, by any chance have you tested the Chill R? Curious how the results from that bow would compare to the 360?
                  The ChillR makes its IBO, Mathews got it right with this bow.

Comment

With the criticism Bowtech has received from over stating this bows speed. I bet next years version will be smokin fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                      The ChillR makes its IBO, Mathews got it right with this bow.
                      That's what I hear.. Is it faster then the RPM 360?

Comment

Not if everything is apples to apples it won't. I haven't shot or tested one.if it in fact does hit IBO it would be the first Mathews I have ever seen in spec achieve it ( not 2# heavy, or 1/2 long on draw)

Comment

Not if everything is apples to apples it won't. I haven't shot or tested one.if it in fact does hit IBO it would be the first Mathews I have ever seen in spec achieve it ( not 2# heavy, or 1/2 long on draw)
                          Oh snap

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-M-LNIEe5tQ"]Bowtech RPM 360 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

^^^^ if you do the math there it cones out to 343fps IBO...GIVE EM 4 for the 60-70 difference and you get 347... exact same as what the 2 60# rocky (and I o. First ) tested.

Comment

Tested: 29" 350g 62#= 317g

317+22g (7fps)=324fps.....it don't get there

Comment

Working...
                                X