Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Destroyer LE Vs Invasion Cpx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaMan View Post
    Watching this thread, I'm in the same boat I want more KE and want arrow speed somewhere about 275fps. I have a Destroyer 340 but with my short draw @27.5 it only shoots 260 with a 395 total weight arrow. I really want to go to a 425to 450gr arrow. @ 275.
    What's your poundage? Sounds like you need to have it tuned up.

Comment

I shoot an invasion and love everything about it. Then again there is nothing wrong with the destroyer le. It all comes down to personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
        Your shooting a 500 grain arrow? That's not bad if your over 300fps with a 500 grain arrow
        no i am shooting a 400 grain flatline arrow with a expo boss broad head at 100 grains,and shooting just under 312 fps at 80 ke with a 26 inch reach.lol yes 500 grains give or take.

Comment

If you're shooting 70 lbs, you should be around 285-290 with 20 grains on the string extra by my calculations even with the 27.5" dl

Comment

lol not all bows shoot the same,i shot 6 insainties and chose the hottest limb.You can call on target archery and ask them they are the ones who did the work.I dont recall anything on my bow except quiver that has been added its quiet enough as it is,i dont use a doinker either dont need it.

Comment

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
              no i am shooting a 400 grain flatline arrow with a expo boss broad head at 100 grains,and shooting just under 312 fps at 80 ke with a 26 inch reach.lol yes 500 grains give or take.
              Please bring this bow by my shop, I'm right down the road from you.
              I'll be there till 5:30, unless I go hunting.
              Call first.
              Richard
              Lake Country Archery
              (903) 383-2347

Comment

About 22 for arrow weight/string weight, 25 for the short DL. You either have a slow chronograph, a bow inbred of a tune or a combination of both. Then again my calculations could be a little off, but not 20-30 fps off.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  Please bring this bow by my shop, I'm right down the road from you.
                  I'll be there till 5:30, unless I go hunting.
                  Call first.
                  Richard
                  Lake Country Archery
                  (903) 383-2347
                  I am not sure but i think you and my bow met if your open now i will bring her by,are you on 515?

Comment

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
                    At 70 lbs that puts your ibo around 400 fps doing a very rough calculation. That's the hottest insanity ever made. Plus your KE would be over a hundred with a 500 gn arrow at 312fps.

Did I miss something?

Comment

I think your mistaking spine for grains, or your numbers are a little off...

Comment

My brain might be off lol, hang on running down the road to lake country ya want video maybe stay tuned.

Comment

Yes some of my problem is that I shoot a 50-60# bow Macedonia out at 62# so I don't really have anymore in it. It shoots good but not quite the KE I'm looking for, its not a very big difference over my old General..

Comment

Originally posted by JaMan View Post
                            Yes some of my problem is that I shoot a 50-60# bow Macedonia out at 62# so I don't really have anymore in it. It shoots good but not quite the KE I'm looking for, its not a very big difference over my old General..
                            You could still get it up to around 275 or 280 with that arrow weight easily.

Comment

Idk with my current 393 or so grams it shoots a consistant 260fps with a drop away,peep and string loop, I would think I would have To go to a 70# dw to pick up another 35fps or so, for the heavier arrows to **** 275

Comment

Ok back.lake country just tested her,the tests at on target archery where done at 72 pounds and the test done just now where at 65 pounds a 26 inch draw 294 fps shooting 337 grain 400 flatline at 64.69 ke.He will tell ya its a good one lol.I am sorry for any mistakes made but it is a little hotter than most insainties and smoother.

Comment

Working...
                                X