No announcement yet.

Educate me on Slider Sights please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya. How can you hold the bow and string and adjust the slider simultaneously. For a quick minute I thought I was losing what little mind I had left.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      Ya. How can you hold the bow and string and adjust the slider simultaneously. For a quick minute I thought I was losing what little mind I had left.
      It’s a Mental thing! You have to will it to adjust

I don’t grip my grip so I could see using my index finger but it really wouldn't ever be used that way unless an animal was progressing away or closing the distance right ?

Comment

I cant remember the name of the appliance the commercial was about but their logo was “set it and forget it”. I adopted it for myself.

Comment

I switched to single pin slider years ago. It and switching to a thumb release, where two of the best things I’ve done. Love them. I have an hha king pin, a spot hogg hog it, and a axcel accu touch. I prefer the accu touch. The spot hog I used for a very very short time, like 5 shooting sessions, never even hunted with it. The king pin does have by far the brightest pins, but never needed that much. So it was adjusted down. I don’t like the pin and magnified thing on the king pin.(still use it on one of my bows). Don’t like the adjustment lock lever on the spot hogg, I need to sell it, as I haven’t used it sense, getting the axcel. And no you can’t adjust while at full draw any of these. But I believe hha did or does make one with a lever that sticks out the front, with a ring loop. That can be adjusted at full draw edit : ( looking now I don’t see it avalible). Garmin and Burris make range finding sights that are adjustable at full draw.
          Last edited by critter69; 01-03-2024, 06:37 AM.

Comment

if you are looking for something that has bright pins there is the ultraview scope or you can now get the slider as the whole sight, hha makes great sights as does spothogg and black gold. there is one other company dark owl archery that makes custom scopes to your set up and the pins are very bright. one thing about the ultraview slider and scope is that it has in internal light that can light up the pins

Comment

Originally posted by BWebster87 View Post
              if you are looking for something that has bright pins there is the ultraview scope or you can now get the slider as the whole sight, hha makes great sights as does spothogg and black gold. there is one other company dark owl archery that makes custom scopes to your set up and the pins are very bright. one thing about the ultraview slider and scope is that it has in internal light that can light up the pins
              I messed up royally yesterday and looked through the UV XL 3 ! As far as I am concerned , with my personal vision, this sight blows everything else away! I like my BG slider but the light attachment leaves very little to be desired . The UV pins are super clear ! The only issue I see with these is that so much bright light can be seen from whatever you are hunting. I realize that the level light can be switched off and that in its self helps a whole lot. Unlike every other sight these do hold their value pretty daggum good. I’ll have to ponder over this- two sights in 1.5 yrs already and they weren’t inexpensive lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post

I messed up royally yesterday and looked through the UV XL 3 ! As far as I am concerned , with my personal vision, this sight blows everything else away! I like my BG slider but the light attachment leaves very little to be desired . The UV pins are super clear ! The only issue I see with these is that so much bright light can be seen from whatever you are hunting. I realize that the level light can be switched off and that in its self helps a whole lot. Unlike every other sight these do hold their value pretty daggum good. I’ll have to ponder over this- two sights in 1.5 yrs already and they weren’t inexpensive lol.
                LOL yeah the uv are amazing and i know a lot of ppl that run them. and if i am not mistaken you can adjus the level if brightness so that you can manage the battery power and so you dont washout the target or aiming point on the animal you are trying to get that perfect shot on. on price that depends on if you go with just the scope or the whole slider sightthe slider is 599 i think at the moment but dont know of any one that has a complaint about them.

Comment

Originally posted by BWebster87 View Post

LOL yeah the uv are amazing and i know a lot of ppl that run them. and if i am not mistaken you can adjus the level if brightness so that you can manage the battery power and so you dont washout the target or aiming point on the animal you are trying to get that perfect shot on. on price that depends on if you go with just the scope or the whole slider sightthe slider is 599 i think at the moment but dont know of any one that has a complaint about them.
                  Yes-the light set up dims and it’s very easy! I did run into an issue with them (UV) Thursday though. You have to reach them by text or email- they used to have a direct line , but I asked about the 3xl setup in which it comes with the 3 horizontal pin cartridge. I asked about being able to purchase the 1 pin vertical or multi pin vertical ( only wanting to use 2) and they told me that they do not make cartridges with any thing but the 3 vert. It clearly shows in line cartridges on their website - maybe I’m missing something ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post

Yes-the light set up dims and it’s very easy! I did run into an issue with them (UV) Thursday though. You have to reach them by text or email- they used to have a direct line , but I asked about the 3xl setup in which it comes with the 3 horizontal pin cartridge. I asked about being able to purchase the 1 pin vertical or multi pin vertical ( only wanting to use 2) and they told me that they do not make cartridges with any thing but the 3 vert. It clearly shows in line cartridges on their website - maybe I’m missing something ?
                    they do make a single pin vertical and 3 pin vertical.

Comment

I bought a Dialed Arxos sight this past week. It has a vertical stack 3 pin. Hopefully I love it.
                      20 years I've been shooting 5 pin horizontals

Comment

Originally posted by TN_boy View Post
                        I bought a Dialed Arxos sight this past week. It has a vertical stack 3 pin. Hopefully I love it.
                        20 years I've been shooting 5 pin horizontals
                        As far as I am concerned verticals are the way to go! Clean picture!

Comment

I am renting a LabRadar to pull velocity data from 0 to 60 yards. The data set combined with Precision Cut Archery site tape program, I'll have dead nuts site tape in 1 afternoon and only need to shoot less than 10 arrows.

Comment

Working...
                          X