No announcement yet.

New bow - $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only bow you cannot buy with 1000 is the carbon hoyts so go shoot all the bows and let it pic you

Comment

Shoot them all, then shoot a Mathews. You will see.

Comment

bowtech destroyer 350, awesome bow

Comment

Go to some place like Cinnamon Creek and spend the day shooting. Best way to decide is a side by side comparison. It is your money, spend it on what you really want.

Comment

When I bought my new bow this year I was shooting the pse bow madness I went to buy the hoyt carbon I shot it and it felt good and the guy asked me are you settled on this bow or open to any others and I asked what his suggestion was he handed me the z7 extreme and I fell in love so I was like you fortunately the money was not a problem so I didn't care about price so like these guys said everybodys making an awesome bow these days you have to let the bow pick u but definately shoot the mat uphews before you buy

Comment

z7 extreme for me too, you might find a good deal on a used one,

Comment

The one bow nobody has mentioned is a Darton great bow but the can be pricey.I love mine bought a new old stock this year and shoots great. I did have a problem but I called CS and they hooked me up with a new string and cam and a dealer to ship it to.

Comment

Everybody has their own picks, you just need to go shoot a few and find out which one feels right for you.

Comment

Go shoot all you can!!

Comment

I love my Mathews reezen it's fast smooth and very quiet. I had a PSE and bowtec before and like the total performance of the Mathews.

Comment

Jeepntx, if you truly are in Beaumont, then there's a really good shop right there in Dayton - Triple Edge. Sam is really good to work with and he'll help you arrive at where you want to be. He won't pressure you, but will answer any and all questions you can throw at him. Triple Edge is also a TBH sponsor.

Shoot all the bows that meet your criteria, and buy what you like the most. A pro line bow is going to be good no matter whether it's PSE, Bowtech, Hoyt, or Mathews. If you're into speed shoot all the speed bows. If you're into smooth shoot all the smooth bows. Just don't shoot a speed bow in one brand and a smooth bow in another brand and think they should be equal. A speed bow is going to be rougher and faster. A smooth bow is going to be smooooth and a bit slower. It's the shooter's taste.
                        Last edited by TX_Kevin; 12-19-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I'm from the Beaumont area(Sour Lake)!If u have any ?'s PM me about bows and where to get them.I'll give u my experiences!I've been bowhunting 30yrs.and I like a smooth drawing bow even if it means giving up some speed.I've been shooting Mathews bows about 14 years now and have bought and tried some other brands during that time(Hoyt,Bowtech,etc.)and didnt keep them long.Not saying they're not good bows but they didn't fit me.You do need to shoot some different bows and one of them will hit u right.Also,another reason I like Mathews is 5yrs from now if u want to sell it u will get more of that $1000 back!

Comment

Originally posted by Death Dealer View Post
                            Apparently K and K is another company started at least on halves by Kevin Strother. Seems like this guy has a vengeance against Bowtech or at least wants a majority share eventually.?
                            K&K is actually Kevin & his wife's company. Started it with their own money. Apparently bowtech, elite, and strother someone else backed him financially. The K&K bows draw and shoot awesome!! Absolutely love mine!

Comment

I'll be sending some PM's when it comes time to buy, which hopefully wont be long. Thanks for all the input.

I will definitely go to Triple Edge since it's close, but will also drop into CCR since I'll be going that way to pick up my mount.

I'm not concerned with speed as much as just having a smooth, comfortable bow. If I can end up with something between 275 & 300 fps, I'll be satisfied.

Comment

z7 extreme was the best shooting bow i shot and i love it .

Comment

Working...
                                X