No announcement yet.

Pasture Roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not weld a 1Inch or 1-1/2 pipe union whatever will fit the hole in. Then put a flush plug in it.

That is what i did on mine so that i had a perfect seal. I just used an old pipe coupling and cut it in half.

Also IMO i would have made it narrower. I made a 14ft and its to wide. We have alot of uneven ground. If i had to do it again i would have made 2 - 7 footers and chained them to a frame so that they could float up and down in the middle and sides.

I have a 8 ft that we pull behind our sprigger and it gets used alot more than the 14ft. When you have something thats 14ft solid you will find out real quick your ground is not as flat as you think.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        Why not weld a 1Inch or 1-1/2 pipe union whatever will fit the hole in. Then put a flush plug in it.

That is what i did on mine so that i had a perfect seal. I just used an old pipe coupling and cut it in half.

Also IMO i would have made it narrower. I made a 14ft and its to wide. We have alot of uneven ground. If i had to do it again i would have made 2 - 7 footers and chained them to a frame so that they could float up and down in the middle and sides.

I have a 8 ft that we pull behind our sprigger and it gets used alot more than the 14ft. When you have something thats 14ft solid you will find out real quick your ground is not as flat as you think.

Thought about all that. Actually it’s 12 foot. My land is pretty flat where I need it. Thanks for input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coming along nicely Stan. Looking forward to seeing it in use sir!

Comment

Looking good. The only thing I’d change is weld a pipe fitting in that water hole, that way you can put a plug in there. That’s what I have on my roller.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              Please be careful welding with that water behind you.

LOL! If you haven’t ever welded while standing water then you haven’t welded much farm equipment and never been on a pipeline!

The shock only tingles for a little while and only happens when changing rods so you learn to lay you new rod on something and clamp on to hit without your free hand touching it.

Comment

My new neighbor is doing with welding. He was steady in the water.

Should be done maybe tonight. Got the mud scraper and back support. Using drill stem foe the tongue support

Comment

Got the tongue tacked on. Got the scraper temporarly set. Used 1/4 in x4 inch flat bar backed by 2x2 3/16 square tube. Might change it to 3x3 3/16 square tube to make it stronger

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6804.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	24611803

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Stan R; 03-11-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                    Got the tongue tacked on. Got the scraper temporarly set. Used 1/4 in x4 inch flat bar backed by 2x2 3/16 square tube. Might change it to 3x3 3/16 square tube to make it stronger

[ATTACH]995296[/ATTACH]

With the span your dealing with I would go with the 3” square tube backer.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      With the span your dealing with I would go with the 3” square tube backer.
                      Yep.... Just did not look correct. I'll get it cut tomorrow.

Have a video of the roller turning but have no idea have to post a video,

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                        Yep.... Just did not look correct. I'll get it cut tomorrow.

Have a video of the roller turning but have no idea have to post a video,

2 options on the video

1. Upload to YouTube, insert the link and delete a certain character from the link etc.

Or

2. Send it to Chew and he will post it [emoji51]

Comment

Might put that scraper on top of the tubing to get rid of that "trough" that's gonna hold dirt, and therefor, moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Might put that scraper on top of the tubing to get rid of that "trough" that's gonna hold dirt, and therefor, moisture.
                            The scraper is on the back side So the dirt should be on the bottom part of the scraper. I'll clean the dirt off if needed.

Comment

Go big or go home .

Comment

Here's Stan's video of the roller turning and the scraper. Nice job, sir!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qN_Vrm-28"]DIY Pasture Roller - YouTube[/ame]

I might as well plug my youtube channel while I'm on here!

Two retired public servants living out our dreams by moving out of the big city to 21 wooded acres in Leon County, TX. Please follow along as we learn a little, pass on a little, and live a lot. We raise TAMUK Composite meat rabbits, jumbo coturnix quail, Freedom Ranger meat chickens, and other domestic animals to make us less reliant on the stores. We are dabbling in gardening, hunting, tractoring, and just enjoying life.

Comment

Working...
                                X