DIY trapping a Coyote/cat/coon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
    I still have about 14 more 1.5 coon traps I want to get out and 2 more coyote sets.... Wish I had another doz coyote/ cat traps.

I made a order today for supplies and finger was hovering over the button for another dozen sleepy creeks.

Think my wife would kill me but she knows the pressure is on from multiple landowners and I have everthing out in the ground in sets..

Comment

I know what you mean...seems like once one rancher hears your a trapper every rancher wants you to trap there place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
        Lol...I get the same way...

On monday we are rolling out 38 coon sets and 4 beaver sets on a section of river..

And still have our 15 coyote/cat sets out on two ranches as well as two hog traps

Going to be a super busy week for me next week...

Anyone want to ride along??

Tuseday through thursday.. parker county/weatherford area
        Too far for me brother or I'd be there. I'd love to see how you work your magic.

Comment

I know what you mean...seems like once one rancher hears your a trapper every rancher wants you to trap there place.

Not here to many trappers an callers. I wish I had a lil more country to trap.

Comment

I still have about 14 more 1.5 coon traps I want to get out and 2 more coyote sets.... Wish I had another doz coyote/ cat traps.
            Lol. I just blamed you..

Ordered 6 "top lot adjustable coon stretchers", one fox and one coyote..

Custom lee steinmeyer fleshing knife too...

Now all I have to do is build or buy a fur shed..

My wife is not happy with you!!! Lmao!!

Comment

We'll not sure what I'm doing wrong but only one more coon this morning. I thought I set on some good sign. I had 2 sets that we're messed with but no luck. It's so dry here that I'm having a problem getting the traps bedded. Maybe I need to order some different lures. I'm using hawbakers coyote gland lure and hawbakers cat lure.

Comment

Make the change to Caven's.....their lures work!! I also like RP outdoors grey fox gland lure, it has been working really well coupled with their RP grey fox bait.

Gland lures are great BUT, they are not long call lures, give Cavens Violator 7 or Cavens Canine all call. You will start catching coyotes for sure....

Comment

Another miss on a urine post and 2 more coons

Tuff I found the violator but couldn't fine the canine all call.... Think I might order the gusto also.

Comment

I caught a grey fox Friday night in a Trapmaster dog proof trap. She was ****** off. Caught her with a catch pole and let her go. I'm only after coons eating corn around the feeders and never expected to catch a fox. I need to get back into trapping, still have a barrel full of traps from when I trapped heavy. Keep the post coming guys, great read.

Comment

Dang it! Y'all got me into the game with all the trapping posts / threads. Just ordered a dozen Duke #2's with offsets, double anchor swivels, 2 different lures ( coyote 500 and can't remember the other ) and trap dye. I think I've got everything else I will need to get started. My wife just shook her head when I told her " it was those guys on TBH that talked me into it". Tuffbroadhead, you and yanta61 are catchin most of the blame for this LOL.

Seriously, lookin forward to tryin this out and maybe takin out a few fawn killers!

Comment

Im excited about the morning...

14 coyote sets out..
                        2 beaver sets out..
                        38 coon sets out..

Tomorrow will increase beaver sets to 4 total, and put out one cat set....

Comment

Got my order in today.

For anyone wanting to get some dog proof traps get you some Freedom Brand traps. Do dog to mess with, mash the plate down and it is set.
                          Gonna degrease and dye everything this weekend and try to get started with coons and coyotes. I don't have high hopes for catching any yotes but I plan on doing a lot of trial and error
                          Also found a trail coming from the neighbor's lake to my pond. If dad still has a big conibear I am gonna try and catch a beaver

Comment

Has anyone tried a lure called Bushwhacker made by Russ Carmen? Also, what is the best material for putting the scent on in a dirt hole set?

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
                              Has anyone tried a lure called Bushwhacker made by Russ Carmen? Also, what is the best material for putting the scent on in a dirt hole set?

I just use a stick

Comment

nice setup happy trappin

Comment

Working...
                                X