Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm speechless........................................

Comment

Def the coolest blind I have ever seen!

Incredible skills sir!

Comment

There are no words in my vocabulary that I could use that would do this blind build justice.

But I do want to visit it one day!

Rwc

Comment

I hung the solar panel and installed the power plant on the inside today. I moved the feeder a few yards closer and cleared a few branches out of the shooting lane. I put 1000 lbs. of corn in the feeder, threw out a bushel of pears from the neighbors tree, cleaned out the inside and loaded all of my equipment up and filled the feeder at the Shack and came home. I am officially finished!
          There are a couple of far away pics for someone that wanted them.

I hope the next pic I post will be an LDP pic in front of this thing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Incredible build!!!!!

Can't get any better than that....

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!

Comment

this thang is so awesome. Congrats on an incredible build, I hope it brings many generations of enjoyment!

Comment

Wow

Comment

Thanks for the distance pics Mark, truly a thing of beauty. Dale is right, bar is raised once again.

Comment

Are the cedar pickets installed inside affixed with a finishing nailer?

Comment

good greif.

Comment

Congrats on the completion! I know you put in some serious hours-and it really shows because that blind is bad to the bone

Comment

Well done. I would love to live in a house as nice as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                              Are the cedar pickets installed inside affixed with a finishing nailer?
                              Yes. I put all interior cedar up with the finish nail gun and 1-1/4" finish nails. A framing nailer or screws will just split the old slats so a finish nailer works great.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                                Well done. I would love to live in a house as nice as that.
                                Thanks for the compliment. I didn't keep every receipt but from the tally in my head, this blind cost me about $1400.00. All of the stone was free. All of the fence was free. Concrete and framing lumber was the main expense and then there was 8 months of labor. That was the killer part for this old man. I think I ended up using about 8 tons of stone. Keep in mind I had to go pick it up off of the ground at various job sites and load it on a trailer, haul it down there, unload it, put it up on a scaffold, and then lay it in place. There was a lot of labor involved in the "free" part.

Comment

Working...
                                X