No announcement yet.

T-Post puller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lazy, so I bought the one in the pic posted above at tractor supply for 50 bucks and works awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
      I did this a couple of weeks ago, thanks to this thread. Worked like a CHAMP! I pulled eight post which all driven in about 40" or so in about 10 minutes, tops. After the initial pull using two hands and a good bit of my rather hefty body weight, it came out with one hand. Leverage is your friend!
      Good to know in a pinch. Getting ready to do some modifications and needed some tips--thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post
        Never made one, but used one that is similar to this. They work great

[ATTACH]23187[/ATTACH]
        I am adding this to our tools for the lease--thanks

Comment

handyman jack and a 3' nylon lifting strap.

Comment

I used one from Harber Frieght the other day. It worked great!

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
              If you have a t-post driver handy, the driver will remove the t-posts relatively easy. I don't how to explain it very well...turn driver upside down and lean it up against the t-post at about 20 - 30 degrees. Be sure to put the lip of the driver in between the nipples on the t-posts. When you have good leverage between the driver and post, pull the t-posts towards you. As the post starts to raise, push the post away from you and let the lip of the driver fall down to the next barb and pull towards you again. 3 -5 good pulls should do it.
              Did this last week. Worked like a charm.

Comment

These work good and you can get them at TSC.
                Attached Files

Comment

I always just like attaching it to the bucket of the tractor and pulling it out.

Comment

we use a trachoe.

Comment

If you have a t-post driver handy, the driver will remove the t-posts relatively easy. I don't how to explain it very well...turn driver upside down and lean it up against the t-post at about 20 - 30 degrees. Be sure to put the lip of the driver in between the nipples on the t-posts. When you have good leverage between the driver and post, pull the t-posts towards you. As the post starts to raise, push the post away from you and let the lip of the driver fall down to the next barb and pull towards you again. 3 -5 good pulls should do it.
                      I never thought pulling t-posts could be this easy, but it really works. If you have soft ground, you need to put something under the driver to keep it from sinking in the ground.

Comment

Never thought about using the driver in this fashion. Tried this the other day after reading about on here months ago. Worked like a charm!!!
                        I think it actually was faster than using a tractor bucket when you figure in the time to move the tractor and wrap/unwrap the chain.

Comment

Bought at Northern Tool...

Click image for larger version

Name:	t-post-puller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	23884712

Although I sure wouldn't recommend this t-post puller, I will say this for Northern Tool... They gave me my money back, no questions asked.

Comment

I got the red one in the first picture, yanked them babies right up in the scorched cobcrete like ground in far west texas, like butter

Comment

Working...
                            X