No announcement yet.

T-Post puller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fasten a rope or chain at the bottom of the post and run it over an old car rim. Fasten the other end to a four wheeler or truck and pop the sucker out. The bigger rim the better. Works like a champ, no grunting, I hate manual labor when I don't have to use it.

Comment

I've used my hands, chain, rope, three point lift, Bobcat bucket and friends to pull them then one day I bought a Harbor Freight t post puller and changed my life.

I broke it pulling a t post that was in cement. Took it back to Harbor Freight and they replaced for free.

Cant beat it.

Comment

OK thanks for all the replies. I just went ahead and bought one from harbor Freight (couldn't beat the price) and used it last week. It worked great even in our hard caliche here in WT.

Comment

Originally posted by Westex View Post
          OK thanks for all the replies. I just went ahead and bought one from harbor Freight (couldn't beat the price) and used it last week. It worked great even in our hard caliche here in WT.

I bought one as well....hopefuly throwing my back out is a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I bought one as well....hopefuly throwing my back out is a thing of the past.
            backordered.........

Comment

I'm telling you Jason, if you've got a post driver, you don't need a puller. Use the method above. It works.

Comment

I made one out of a 4x4 post and some heavy duty slick wire. Leverage is your friend.

LW

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                  I'm telling you Jason, if you've got a post driver, you don't need a puller. Use the method above. It works.
                  I do but for $15 I figured it was worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                    I did this a couple of weeks ago, thanks to this thread. Worked like a CHAMP! I pulled eight post which all driven in about 40" or so in about 10 minutes, tops. After the initial pull using two hands and a good bit of my rather hefty body weight, it came out with one hand. Leverage is your friend!

T-posts pullers are nice but it's good to know that a driver can/will work when all else fails.
                    Like you said...all it takes is a little ars and leverage!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      backordered.........

delivered on Sat....

Comment

Hey Damon! retired yet? My buddy says thanks again on the old PSE Nova

Comment

handyman jack works just fine. Plus your arent limited to just pulling t posts.

Comment

Dang, you guys just won't let this thread die will you?

Injun, retired Jan.2007. Hope he was able to put sometihing down with the old bow.

Comment

Best $15 I ever spent

Comment

23 year old son that likes to go to the gym
                                Best post remover and post hole digger in the world
                                Just wish i could figuer out how to leas him out To help with feed bill & school $$$

Ron

Comment

Working...
                                X