T-Post puller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Post puller question

does anyone have pics of a t-post puller that you've made? If so does it work well or not? I'm looking at making one myself and wanted to know what was the strongest way to build it. I have quite a few posts on the lease that need to be pulled and they in some pretty rough ground.

chain and floor jack works good also a hilifter jack works well.

Comment

i got mine at harbor freight for $15

Comment

I've always just used a chain and a high lift jack.

Comment

OK Thanks guys, I was just hoping that maybe someone had made one. I just wanted to try my limited welding skills to build one.

Comment

I have always used a chain, old tractor wheel and truck bumper. Works great when you have a driver.

To satisfy you desire to build one I will try to find my design i drew up and post it later.

Comment

Never made one, but used one that is similar to this. They work great

Click image for larger version

Name:	Puller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	23828993

Comment

If you have a t-post driver handy, the driver will remove the t-posts relatively easy. I don't how to explain it very well...turn driver upside down and lean it up against the t-post at about 20 - 30 degrees. Be sure to put the lip of the driver in between the nipples on the t-posts. When you have good leverage between the driver and post, pull the t-posts towards you. As the post starts to raise, push the post away from you and let the lip of the driver fall down to the next barb and pull towards you again. 3 -5 good pulls should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post

[ATTACH]23187[/ATTACH]
                  This is the one I have. Got it at atwoods. Works like a champ.

Comment

[ATTACH]23187[/ATTACH]
                    We have one similar to this that my dad built out of pipe. The difference is that rather than the bracket to grab the post, he welded a short piece of chain to it. Make a couple of wraps around the post with the chain and hook it back into itself. That way you can use it to pull any type post, not just t-post.

Comment

Made one in Ag shop in '81...

Used an old bumper jack we got from a junk yard. I think it was from a old Ford.
                      Cut the hook off that slipped into the bumper slot, welded some re-bar to the top of the jack in a "V" shape, then welded a hook on one side of the jack body and a piece of chain to the other side.

Lower the jack close to the ground but allowing enough room to operate the jack handle, put the foot of the jack close to the post, wrap the chain around the post locking into the hook and with the tire tool jack the t-post out of the ground!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
                        If you have a t-post driver handy, the driver will remove the t-posts relatively easy. I don't how to explain it very well...turn driver upside down and lean it up against the t-post at about 20 - 30 degrees. Be sure to put the lip of the driver in between the nipples on the t-posts. When you have good leverage between the driver and post, pull the t-posts towards you. As the post starts to raise, push the post away from you and let the lip of the driver fall down to the next barb and pull towards you again. 3 -5 good pulls should do it.
                        I did this a couple of weeks ago, thanks to this thread. Worked like a CHAMP! I pulled eight post which all driven in about 40" or so in about 10 minutes, tops. After the initial pull using two hands and a good bit of my rather hefty body weight, it came out with one hand. Leverage is your friend!

Comment

T- Post PULLER

I Use An Old Tire Rim Tie The Chain As Low As You Can To The The T- Post Over The Rim And Tie It To Your Ball Hitch And Pull It Slowly. Your Done On To The Next One.

Comment

I have always used a piece of 2" pipe and a chain... All you do is wrap the chain a few times around post close to the ground, then wrap it around the pipe and wedge it out of the ground, pretty easy and cheap.

Comment

[ATTACH]23187[/ATTACH]
                              My Dad made one just like this...works great. He put a telescopic handle and main pole on it and a wide base.

Comment

Working...
                              X