Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Walk In Cooler 6X8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice set up. I have an 8x10 that I built used spray insulation and a coolbot works good.

I used a cheap electric winch from Harbour freight with a remote control to lift the animals up inside the cooler, makes it an easy one man job.

Hope, you get to use it a lot.

Comment

Nice set up. Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nifty! nice job

Comment

Tag

Comment

nice

Comment

what did you rig up to hang deer with? did you put in a drain?

Comment

Tag

Comment

any pics of deer hanging ?

Comment

Very nice! I need to make one of these!!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                            The final destination requirement also goes away when you log the deer into the cold storage log book which allows us to fully process deer in camp instead of when we get home. Once they are fully processed and logged in, you do not have to provide proof of sex so all heads can be disposed of.
                            Does anyone else interpret this the same?

All Game Animals (including deer and pronghorn)
                            The four quarters and two backstraps are the only parts of a game animal required by law to be kept in edible condition.
                            Tagging and proof-of-sex requirements, if required, continue to apply until the wildlife resource reaches a final destination and is quartered.
                            While in camp you may remove and prepare a part of a wildlife resource if the removal and preparation occur immediately before the part is cooked or consumed; however, all tagging and proof of sex regulations apply to remaining parts until the parts reach a final destination.

Final destination
                            The permanent residence of the hunter; the permanent residence of any other person receiving the animal/bird carcass part of an animal/bird carcass; or a cold storage or processing facility.
                            Final processing
                            The cleaning of a dead wildlife resource for cooking or storage purposes. For a deer or pronghorn carcass, the term includes the processing of the animal more than by quartering.

While I do read the potential out of saying a "cold storage" facility, I have never heard that meant the lease/ranch UNLESS all the meat was staying on site. If you are later transporting offsite, I'd think the boning would still be illegal. Just my understanding.
                            Last edited by buck_wild; 10-28-2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                                Does anyone else interpret this the same?

All Game Animals (including deer and pronghorn)
                                The four quarters and two backstraps are the only parts of a game animal required by law to be kept in edible condition.
                                Tagging and proof-of-sex requirements, if required, continue to apply until the wildlife resource reaches a final destination and is quartered.
                                While in camp you may remove and prepare a part of a wildlife resource if the removal and preparation occur immediately before the part is cooked or consumed; however, all tagging and proof of sex regulations apply to remaining parts until the parts reach a final destination.

Final destination
                                The permanent residence of the hunter; the permanent residence of any other person receiving the animal/bird carcass part of an animal/bird carcass; or a cold storage or processing facility.
                                Final processing
                                The cleaning of a dead wildlife resource for cooking or storage purposes. For a deer or pronghorn carcass, the term includes the processing of the animal more than by quartering.

While I do read the potential out of saying a "cold storage" facility, I have never heard that meant the lease/ranch UNLESS all the meat was staying on site. If you are later transporting offsite, I'd think the boning would still be illegal. Just my understanding.

I would say its a grey area and not worth doing unless also processing the meat at camp. In other words, when you leave camp with said deer, its as if you just left your processor and everything is packaged up ready to be put in your hone freezer for storage and then consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X