Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Walk In Cooler 6X8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

nice

Comment

Awesome job.

Comment

Great job. How much do you think you have invested so far?

Comment

Might as well bring it back up since there is another thread about this.

Comment

Following!!

Comment

That's nice
                Curious, do you just turn it on while y'all are there, or does it stay on constantly?

If your only there on the weekends what would be the benefit of a walk in cooler vs. putting them in the cooler with ice.

I kinda want to build one, but don't really think I have a need

Comment

Nice job, looks great. We have built a couple out of walkin cooler panels and used the koolbot, they work great. I haven't seen the control unit you used. Where did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                    Nice job, looks great. We have built a couple out of walkin cooler panels and used the koolbot, they work great. I haven't seen the control unit you used. Where did you get it?
                    I bought it online from a company that specializes in kegarators. I think now they are on Amazon. These thermostats are used to turn chest freezers into refrigerators. They can also be used the opposite way and make an a/c never stop running until your coil reaches a desired temperature. We towed this thing right by your old house in Lakeway Mr. Ellis, we thought for sure Lakeway PD would find a way to ticket us. Fortunately they had 3 cop cars messing with someone else as we drove by

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                    That's nice
                    Curious, do you just turn it on while y'all are there, or does it stay on constantly?

If your only there on the weekends what would be the benefit of a walk in cooler vs. putting them in the cooler with ice.

I kinda want to build one, but don't really think I have a need
                    We have left it on for a week at a time but primarily just turn it on the Friday we get there and turn it off Sunday when we leave. Other members leave them for a weak at a time, we just would rather get it done. The benefits of walk in VS ice chest is you don't have to start skinning and quartering until you want to. The final destination requirement also goes away when you log the deer into the cold storage log book which allows us to fully process deer in camp instead of when we get home. Once they are fully processed and logged in, you do not have to provide proof of sex so all heads can be disposed of. Also last year during a super cold spell, it never got over 22 degrees for a weekend we were there. Instead of gutting skinning processing in the bitter cold, we put a space heater in there, closed the door, and processed the 2 does in a 70 degree environment. Can't do any of these with a yeti / igloo.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                      We have left it on for a week at a time but primarily just turn it on the Friday we get there and turn it off Sunday when we leave. Other members leave them for a weak at a time, we just would rather get it done. The benefits of walk in VS ice chest is you don't have to start skinning and quartering until you want to. The final destination requirement also goes away when you log the deer into the cold storage log book which allows us to fully process deer in camp instead of when we get home. Once they are fully processed and logged in, you do not have to provide proof of sex so all heads can be disposed of. Also last year during a super cold spell, it never got over 22 degrees for a weekend we were there. Instead of gutting skinning processing in the bitter cold, we put a space heater in there, closed the door, and processed the 2 does in a 70 degree environment. Can't do any of these with a yeti / igloo.

Thanks

Comment

Very nice setup

Comment

That's super cool.

Comment

Very nice. I built all my controls for my cooler. All you need is a contactor, transformer and one of these.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tag

Comment

Tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X