^^^^that's nice

Comment

Great ideas...

Comment

Great job on that one ol thumper

Comment

Originally posted by Stxranchhand View Post
          Great job on that one ol thumper
          Thanks, on the rotating plates I use a piece of 1/4" Teflon between the upper and lower plates to make it swivel nice and smooth. An elcheapo $3 Walmart cutting board works great to cut to fit.

Comment

Nice work guys 👍

Comment

There are some pretty fantastic ideas here!

I really need to get to work on my new one.

Been cooking up a design based on a lot of inspiration from this thread, now I need to get it done. I'm still using one that my grandpa built out of junk when I was a little kid, and it is getting pretty long in the tooth.

I've been lazy, since at the Farm, I have a front end loader, and a chain fall in the shop. No such thing at the lease, and I'm getting tired of working on critters on the ground.

Comment

Some great photos on here..

Posting the video clip as an idea for the folks who hunt out of an SUV..

Just how practical it is will depend on how high your tail gate lifts and the typical size of your deer...

Where the idea really wins out is in its simplicity and light weight..

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Another idea built by a British deer stalker to enable him to lift Fallow deer, which are more akin to Whitetail than the Roe in the previous video clip..

Last edited by Pete E; 12-19-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

For some reason I can't seem to get the video in my previous post to embed properly..

The product concerned is called the|Napier Apex Auto Click and the video should hopefully be in the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_OL_Eu3vSo
                    Last edited by Pete E; 12-19-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

some really nice ideas, thanks guys

Comment

Top.

Comment

Ol Thumper made this one for me once I found out my back was/is toast. see post 120 for build along.

turned out great till I hit an oak tree limb with it. But, it still works great. Reuben did a great job, That boy has mad metal skilz.

An Axis my son shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Axis-dalton-on-hitch-2013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	24355095

Comment

Originally posted by shinerbock View Post
                            This is what we build. it is in 2 pieces so it stays light and can handle it easy. First piece slides in reciever, but 90 degrees out, top slips in and pivots

[ATTACH]215746[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]215747[/ATTACH]
                            Shinerbock,
                            How long did you make the top piece? Is there a way to determine the best length to go with? I think I am going to make one similar to this.

Comment

Okay, here is one I just got done building for me. Haven't lifted a deer with it yet, but I can grab the end of the jib and bounce my 200+ lb. carcass around out on the end of it with no ill effects. The mount stays bolted in the truck all the time, boom can just lift in and out as needed. Doesn't require any pins or anything, just drop in and go. Too cold to sandblast and paint, so that will have to wait until it warms up. It swivels nice and easy, even with a load on it.

Comment

Those minivan hoist pics crack me up!

Comment

Working...
                                X