Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jake03 View Post
    have y'all seen that there are two girls unaccounted for....anyone seen any updates on this?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-te...missing-family
    I didn't understand this story & saw an interview with one of the fathers yesterday...are they not officially identified among the current victims or actually missing & the death count is possibly going up??

Comment

have y'all seen that there are two girls unaccounted for....anyone seen any updates on this?

This puzzles me.... I dont understand how kids can still be "missing"

Comment

Dude had some serious issues

Another left win nut bag LGBT loser.

Go look at his pics

Comment

Who sold him the guns? Where did he get $5000? He worked at Wendy's

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
            Parents are to blame for crap going on like this. You cannot tell me as a parent you don't know what your child is doing are who they are hanging out with. Just makes me Sick.
            Overall I agree. With that said this was an 18 year old adult. I have an 18 year old senior living in my house. He is a great kid because we have raised him right. But if he wasn't I would more than likely tell him you live by my rules or GTFO of my house. If I did that to an 18 year old how would what he does after I kick him out be my fault? From everything I have seen, that is the case here as the mom kicked him out and he was living with grandma. It also looks like grandma may have tried to make him live by some rules and he killed her.

All I'm saying is some people can't be helped no matter what you do as a parent, grandparent, etc.

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            Late to the party: In regards to blaming video games.....

What did y'all do when you were kids, playing with your friends, and found an L-shaped stick? ... I pointed it at my friends and went "BANG!" Every little boy ever has done the same. ****ty parents raise ****ty children.
            I agree completely. And if there wasn't a stick, I would use my hand. Video games for the most part aren't the problem. I will agree they can contribute to the problem. My kids play these sorts of games. They also have shot real guns, hunted, etc. So they know that once the trigger is pulled something can die. The problem I see is that a lot of kids that aren't being raised simply think you push the reset button or start the game over when you get shot, etc. They don't understand how it really works. Again, most people on this forums kids understand that because they have seen holes in a target, dead animals, etc. I would trust 100% somebody else's kid off this site that has played violent video games before I would trust a kid who has never played violent video games but doesn't have social skills to cope.

I'm not going to try to quote anything specific but regarding red flag laws...NO as they relate to guns. Get a report of somebody being crazy, the first thing shouldn't be to take away their guns and let them continue to walk. The first thing should be to figure out if they need to be locked up, guns or no guns. Crazy will always be crazy. So lets make some red flag laws, but not related to guns. Make it related to whether people are still allowed to walk the street, go to school, etc.

Comment

I think that may just be poor follow up reporting. Other sites have confirmed they are deceased.

An 18-year-old Texan has shot and killed 19 students and two teachers in the city of Uvalde, after first shooting his grandmother. He shared photos on social media of his guns and warned of the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                LOL. Good one
                My grandfather, who was a heavy equipment operator for 40+ years, had no hand eye coordination since he didn't even know what a video game even was.. He got his hand eye coordination from performing actual work,
                picking cotton as a child.
                Are you intentionally trying to miss the point? Kids are picking up operating skills at a much faster rate and operating alongside operators with far more experience. Doesn't take 40 years. Which is why AF is looking for qualified applicants that ALSO have gaming experience. Not because they've become "highly efficient killers" from games. If that's the case, SEALS would be training on Call of Duty.

Comment

LOL. Good one
                  My grandfather, who was a heavy equipment operator for 40+ years, had no hand eye coordination since he didn't even know what a video game even was.. He got his hand eye coordination from performing actual work,
                  picking cotton as a child.

So just so I am reading your thought process correctly.

If we eliminate all shooter video games , we will have no more school shootings ?

If you really think video games are behind these evil acts your wrong wrong wrong.

Myself, friends, countless nephews and my now 13 year old all play shooter games we aint shooting up schools.

Evil is going to do Evil / Be Proactive and make it harder for them to do their evil

Comment

LMAO Are you serious with these links?? Of course they are great for training highly efficient killers.. Even our military recognized this.. My point exactly.
                    That is exactly what school age kids DO NOT need be, highly efficient killers. SMDH.
                    Y'all carry on..
                    But yea we can all agree poor parenting is the problem and parents of deranged lunatics like this one should be held 100% accountable for raising such a scum bag with the help of such a screwed up society.
                    I think this is the ultimate issue here. Video games in moderation are not creating these kind of people. The kids who are allowed to spend 14 hours a day playing these games are an issue. The issue is far deeper than the game. It is just so sad that we have to have these conversations and "debates". The world is a crazy scary place!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      I think this is the ultimate issue here. Video games in moderation are not creating these kind of people. The kids who are allowed to spend 14 hours a day playing these games are an issue. The issue is far deeper than the game. It is just so sad that we have to have these conversations and "debates". The world is a crazy scary place!
                      devaluation of human life, removal of God from schools, etc. Who's pushing for this?

Comment

LOL.. I'm glad your kids turned out to be normal so we are obviously not talking about your kids. Not all kids can handle it and that is my point..
                        Why is it that the ones that always deny the negative physiological affects that this garbage CAN have on a child's brain, and the ones that defend this type of CRAP being fed to children, are always the ones that allow it or actually do it.. You may want to talk to someone more knowledgeable than you or I about this.. Talk to a clinical psychologist..
                        Have any data or sources to back any of this up? Or just emotion? Because studies do not support what you are saying. You are making the same argument that people make to ban guns. Some people can't handle them, so take them away.

The reality is this is a multi-faceted problem. It seems to me that there are usually commonalities. Single-parent household or no parents, or parents that are jacked up too. If there is no outlet for people with healthcare or mental healthcare issues, their kids will have the same problems, but worse.

We are #60 in the world on mental healthcare access. Iran has more mental healthcare bed capacity per capita than we do. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world to go with that. Seems to me that having such a low emphasis on mental health, a high emphasis on locking people up (seems to me that is our current mental health solution) is going to have down-stream consequences. We can argue about the "why" all day, but it's going to have an effect, period.

It's going to take a bunch of different things to fix, but we can start by beefing up school security, providing better access to mental healthcare and healthcare in general, and no one is going to want to hear this, but probably need to implement longer waiting periods on picking up an ar-15 with high capacity mags. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if he had to wait 30 days, maybe it would have happened anyway, but I for one, don't think I could look those parents in Uvalde in the eye and tell them that my need to be able to buy an AR and walk out with it the same day is more important than their little ones lives. IMO that's a better solution than red flag laws which could easily be misused and misapplied.

At some point, if we as gun owners don't come to the table with some concessions, eventually people will get sick of it, and the legislation that does come down will be written by people without a clue of how this stuff works and be far more overreaching than it needs to be.

Praying for the community of Uvalde

Comment

We obviously arent going to stop the WHY. Lets work on what we can control; school access, guardians/officers/armed teachers, more LTC individuals.
                          Trust me.... you want me in that store, restaurant, mall(etc.) if things "pop off"

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                            I think that may just be poor follow up reporting. Other sites have confirmed they are deceased.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lockdown.html
                            ok...yeah didn't make sense at all and why I was curious of an update. It was saying as of 11:45pm and was still one of top articles on a couple of sites this morning. Thanks

Comment

We also need to stop attributing EVERYTHING to mental illness. Not every rowdy kid has adhd, not everyone who is sad/confused is depressed, and the world doesn't need to capitulate to the whims of the weak minded. This loser was raised by other losers, and made excuses for all his life, turned tranny and shot up a bunch of kids because "IT" couldn't deal with life......because parents refuse to be parents, and schools don't have the power to control their students.

This is 100% the product of a soft society, and the *******s in charge would like to make it softer as a result.

Comment

There's no easy answers. Some say ban guns. Some say get rid of video games. Others say punish the shooters severely....

Mass shooters definitely deserve to be skinned alive and then dropped into a tub of fire ants. But they typically die in the shooting. They'd all shoot themselves just before getting captured if their punishment actually did fit their crimes. That'd be fine too. But it wouldn't keep any of them from doing it. They're all mentally ill and have a desire to kill a bunch of other people just before they die. Severe punishment wouldn't be a deterrent, unfortunately.

There's no single fix. There are several things that can and should be done that would actually help though. More restrictions on law abiding sane citizens' gun rights wouldn't help. At all. It would only make it easier for the nutjobs to kill defenseless people.

Securing schools would help. The shooter yesterday apparently ran into the school through a back door that wasn't locked. Even if they had an armed policeman in the school, it didn't matter if the shooter went through an unlocked door in a different part of the building. 1 or 2 cops can't be everywhere at all times. Lock the doors. All the time. Fence off the entire campus and keep the gates closed and monitored. Prevent unauthorized access to the building and playgrounds. Yes it would cost money and be inconvenient. But it would be effective in saving lives.

Put armed LEOs in every single school, and allow teachers who want to carry a firearm the freedom to do so. Make schools hard targets. Most of them are soft targets today, and that's unbelievably stupid.

Actually dealing with mental illness effectively would help. Bring back mental hospitals and fill them with the people who should be there - like this punk yesterday. That would cost money too. But it would be effective in saving lives.

Stop promoting all the literally insane woke ideologies in schools and everywhere else. Bring God and morality and personal responsibility and love for your neighbors back into the schools and the rest of society. There will still be evil, but there will be less of it - and more good.

Stop the government's enabling of bad and irresponsible behavior through way too much welfare. Help the helpless. But encourage everyone who is able-bodied to work and be responsible for themselves. The welfare state has destroyed the American family by rewarding stupid and irresponsible behavior. Broken families produce broken kids, which grow up to be broken adults, who produce kids who are even more messed up.....vicious cycle.

I'm sure there are more positive steps others can add. But these things are a much-needed starting place. Less freedom and more government is NEVER the answer, regardless of what the problems are. If we can't see that fact after going through the last 2 years, we're doomed.

Comment

Working...
                                X