Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Apocalypse Trump - The Final Days

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His speech is protected by the Bill of Rights 1st. Free speech. At no time in his speech did he promote direct acts of violence. Maybe a few could use reading the Bill of Rights. It applies to everyone or at least should- very dangerous ground if some try and step here. Supreme Court has ruled many years ago that political speeches are protected speech
    Last edited by glen; 01-11-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlxyL3Yyv3M"]Trump Should Sue Everyone for Defamation on January 21st - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Well, I watched Trump give that speech and I think people heard what they wanted to hear from it. If you went to DC itching for a fight, you probably "heard" lets go to the capital and crack heads. If you went there to peacefully and legally protest and then go back to the hotel, it probably never entered your mind to storm the capital. He actually said let's peacefully go to the capital. But he said it in the context of a crowd that was set to explode. All they needed was the spark. He probably should have told them to stay AWAY from the capital. Would have been CYA for him because surely they were going to that capital come hell or high water. The problem I have an issue with is Guiliani getting up there and saying lets have trial by combat and the crowd roars. That was NOT cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
          Good question. Democrats are reportedly rallying behind a single article of impeachment, authored by Democratic Reps. Jamie Raskin of Maryland, David Cicilline of Rhode Island and Ted Lieu of California, that charges Trump with high crimes and misdemeanors for “willfully inciting violence against the Government of the United States.”

The article linked below contains some specific quotes from Trump's speech that will likely be considered if impeachment proceeds.

Incitement to Riot? What Trump Told Supporters Before Mob Stormed Capitol

Here is a closer look at what the president said at a rally of his supporters, which is a central focus of the impeachment case being prepared against him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/u...eech-riot.html
          I saw it live, he did not incite them to riot. He did encourage them to protest...peacefully.

Comment

I hope everyone from both sides that committed crimes pays for them. Your 1st amendments rights are gone. How long before your 2nd amendment rights are the same?
            Attached Files

Comment

I was actually watching the news coverage of him speaking. I couldn't believe what he said and I told my wife he basically called them to arms (figuratively) and some crazy is going to take him up on it. I told her something bad is going to happen - and it did.

That said, there is now ample evidence that what happened was planned in advance with both the FBI and NYPD warning capital police of plans they had uncovered. So Trump clearly didn't incite what happened - it was going to happen whether he spoke or not.

That said, I do wonder if there were a few people who were riled by his words and joined in when those who attacked started up. I do feel sorry for those people as I am pretty sure their lives - as they know them - are over at least for awhile.

I thought what Trump did was grossly irresponsible and hardly patriotic. I wish he could have just taken the high road this one time.

Comment

T-minus 9 Trump days to go.

Evening news drop. Here we go...

Trump’s Approval Falls 11 Points

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=3686

PRESIDENT TRUMP

A majority of voters, 56 percent, say they hold President Trump responsible for the storming of the U.S. Capitol, while 42 percent say they do not hold him responsible.

A slight majority, 52 - 45 percent, say President Trump should be removed from office. Voters also say 53 - 43 percent that he should resign as president.

"A majority of Americans hold President Trump responsible for the chaos at the Capitol, and a slight majority believe that he should be removed from office," added Malloy.

President Trump has a negative 33 - 60 percent job approval rating, which is a substantial drop from the negative 44 - 51 percent rating he received in December of 2020.

The president's job approval rating today ties his all-time low, which he received in August of 2017.

Voters are divided on whether they think President Trump is mentally stable. Forty-five percent say he is mentally stable, while 48 percent say he is not mentally stable. The findings are nearly identical to responses from a January 2018 poll, when 45 percent of voters said they thought Trump was mentally stable and 47 percent said he was not.

UNDERMINING DEMOCRACY

Voters say 60 - 34 percent that President Trump is undermining, not protecting, democracy. There are sharp political divides on this question. Democrats say 95 - 4 percent and independents say 64 - 28 percent that Trump is undermining democracy, while Republicans say 73 - 20 percent that Trump is protecting democracy.

Comment

Justice Dept. Pursues at Least 150 Suspects in Capitol Riot

Federal law enforcement officials have embarked on a nationwide manhunt as they grapple with the fallout from the government’s failure to protect the Capitol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/u...stigation.html

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department and the F.B.I. have embarked on a nationwide manhunt to track down scores of people who attacked the Capitol last week, according to law enforcement officials, as they grapple with the fallout from the widespread government failure to protect the building.

Investigators are pursuing more than 150 suspects for prosecution, a total that is almost certain to grow, an official said. Analysts are also scouring intelligence to identify any role that domestic terrorist organizations or foreign adversaries may have played in radicalizing Americans who were among the rioters, according to a law enforcement official briefed on the investigations...

...The F.B.I. has moved quickly to ease some bureaucratic hurdles to making arrests, and it has received more than 70,000 photographic and video tips after asking for the public’s help in identifying suspects. Agents were also scrubbing airline passenger manifests and video of air travelers to and from Washington to find potential suspects.

Comment

FBI MOST WANTED

FBI Seeks Identity of Confederate Flag Guy

https://twitter.com/FBIWFO/status/13...t-capitol-riot

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-i...ates-capitol-6

Comment

FBI MAGA MOST WANTED for Capitol Violence

No, this is not a joke. These are real posters from the FBI's most wanted website.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

Comment

So this is the Pace Thread, where young idiots that graduated from UT or Tech, can tell us how much they know and how smarter they are from anyone, that disagrees with them.

Buddy, I have news for you. Your degree in BA, Art, Economics, etc., ain't shiate. Do the hard sciences, then learn logic.

"Meet down at Arizona Bay", which probably whizzes over your head.

Comment

Florida Manatee Mutilated By Someone Who Etched ‘Trump’ Onto Its Back

Video in link below

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/01/1...p-etched-back/

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Federal wildlife authorities in Florida are looking for the person or persons who mutilated a manatee by carving the word “Trump” onto its back.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service says the manatee was discovered Sunday in the headwaters of the Homosassa River in Citrus County, about 75 miles north of the Tampa Bay area.

Comment

The things people will believe..:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

House speeding to impeach Trump for Capitol ‘insurrection’

https://apnews.com/article/pelosi-ho...1fb7e4a497f9b7

WASHINGTON (AP) — Poised to impeach, the House sped ahead Monday with plans to oust President Donald Trump from office, warning he is a threat to democracy and pushing the vice president and Cabinet to act even more quickly in an extraordinary effort to remove Trump in the final days of his presidency.

Trump faces a single charge -- “incitement of insurrection” — after the deadly Capitol riot in an impeachment resolution that the House will begin debating Wednesday.

At the same time, the FBI warned ominously Monday of potential armed protests in Washington and many states by Trump loyalists ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration, Jan. 20. In a dark foreshadowing, the Washington Monument was closed to the public amid the threats of disruption. Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf abruptly resigned.

It all added up to stunning final moments for Trump’s presidency as Democrats and a growing number of Republicans declare he is unfit for office and could do more damage after inciting a mob that violently ransacked the U.S. Capitol last Wednesday.

“President Trump gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of Government,” reads the four-page impeachment bill.

“He will remain a threat to national security, democracy, and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office,” it reads.

Comment

GOP House leader Kevin McCarthy finally stands up to Trump and delivers a long overdue reality check. It's about time...

Trump blames Antifa for riot

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/ax...65803be69.html

President Trump today privately — and falsely — blamed "Antifa people" for storming the Capitol, even though clear video and documentary evidence exists showing the rioters were overwhelmingly Trump supporters, Axios' Jonathan Swan reports.

Why it matters: Despite facing an impeachment vote for an assault he helped incite, the outgoing president is still sticking with his tried-and-true playbook of deflecting and reaching for conspiracies.

Behind the scenes: In a tense, 30-minute-plus phone call this morning with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Trump trotted out the Antifa line.
                                • McCarthy would have none of it, telling the president: "It's not Antifa, it's MAGA. I know. I was there," according to a White House official and another source familiar with the call.
                                • The White House official said the call was tense and aggressive at times, with Trump ranting about election fraud and an exasperated McCarthy cutting in to say, "Stop it. It's over. The election is over."

McCarthy, who is facing major blowback for his role in encouraging dissent over the election outcome, went further:
                                • He told Trump he should call Joe Biden, meet with the president-elect and follow tradition and leave a welcome letter in the Resolute Desk for his successor.
                                • The president told him he hadn't decided whether to do so for Biden.

A White House spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
                                Last edited by Vermin93; 01-11-2021, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X