Hill to Die On?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randell View Post
    If you can smell a fart while wearing said mask you think it’s going to work against a virus that has much smaller particles?? I wear my mine too but don’t see it as a miracle cure.

Huh? Fart smells are from methane molecules, which are smaller than a corona virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
      correct, no one is putting a gun to my head. but if I want to go to HEB I have to have one on... if I want to go to another local store; I don't have to have one.

so is it time we all just tell HEB to stick it and go in w/o one?
      Depends on how bad you want to go to HEB instead of the other store, I guess. Personally, I'll go to the store that won't hassle me for not wearing a mask. If the mask nazi store loses enough business, maybe they'll come around. ??

Comment

I'm not saying the masks make a hill of beans. But people are dying of the virus. Two I know in the last week.
        Yeah others have died of other viruses. Almost lost my daughter to H1N1. But being completely an *** and thumbing your nose to society and ignoring the fact that this is deadly to some just makes you look like a jack wagon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I'm not saying the masks make a hill of beans. But people are dying of the virus. Two I know in the last week.
          Yeah others have died of other viruses. Almost lost my daughter to H1N1. But being completely an *** and thumbing your nose to society and ignoring the fact that this is deadly to some just makes you look like a jack wagon.

Say what.... Is not wearing a mask the action that makes you say people are thumbing their nose at society?

Comment

The virus is real, and if I were older I'd just go to HEB first thing in the morning and go hunting until the virus is over. But for the rest of us, it's just like anything else, get back to work and live life. The Lord's advice is the best - fear not. Study the people who force this topic the most. Are they the knowledgeable folk you wish to follow? Or are they the vermin who want to take your guns? hmmmmm
            My bet is after the election the virus push drops of the charts as it no longer helps their agenda and it will be on to the next impeachment. Myself I dont wear a mask, I wash my hands, and stay away from shady or dirty people that don't look like they take a bath. But I don't feel like following the ants over the hill into the fire. If you feel real strong about wearing mask, I recommend to show it by wearing goggles because any wet cavity on the body can catch it out of the air. Maybe living in a space bubble is the next logical step .........

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

I’m a jack wagon and proud of it

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Nobody is putting a gun to your head, right? Initially, probably 80% of people in Abilene went along with it. But every week, more and more people are opting out. Business owners don't want to turn paying customers away. And people who aren't afraid to exit their homes are more likely to come into a business than somebody who is sheltering in place at home.

I don't know why media and politicians are so hell bent on selling masks to everyone. There's no money in it for them (directly from masks). Only thing I can figure is that masks help reinforce all the irrational fear that is keeping everything so disrupted, and this is a major election year. Some of them have actually bought into the mask religion and think that if enough people wear masks for long enough, it will somehow wipe the virus off the face of the earth and make it all go away. Obviously, masks won't do that. A vaccine won't do it either. Nothing will. Eventually, the overblown fear will fade away though, and we'll all be able to go on with our lives while we deal rationally and calmly with this virus, same as all the others.

Shane
                The push for the mask is simply because it’s one more way to divide the population. You can see by these threads that it works. First we had the lockdown where some refused to be told to stay home and they were identified and persecuted as the reason the virus was spreading. That was the First divide. when folks woke up to the fact that lock downs didn’t work they stopped staying in so there had to be another way to divide the people and give the pundits someone to push blame to for a virus spreading, that’s when we ended up with masks. The masks don’t work and a virus must run its course and that’s what it’s doing. I still don’t understand why so few people have the lack of curiosity or desire to look back in history to see how these events have been managed in the past. It doesn’t take much effort and you quickly learn that none of this makes sense on any level. In fact I’d venture to say that most of the advice has led to a worsening and prolonged life span of the virus not to mention the fact that everything they have told us to do systematically weakens your immune system.
                I’m intrigued by some folks claims they they know or are related to 10s or more people that have died of Covid yet I still have no direct relationships with anyone that has died of Covid. I’m not denying the other’s claims. I have not changed my life, other than where I have been forced to, since this started. I did not participate in the lock down, I have only worn a Mask on a plane and I’ve gotten up and gone to work every day and I’m somehow still alive. I’m exposed to many many people daily including the multitude of people we come into contact with during my kids sporting events every wknd. I just don’t get the fear and the more I’m living my normal life the more I realize how muck others have had the last 5-6 months of their lives taken from them for no reason. Bottom line is look at the data and if you are in the high risk zone then you should alter your life style and that’s it, end of story, everyone else go back to a normal life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  Shane
                  The push for the mask is simply because it’s one more way to divide the population. You can see by these threads that it works. First we had the lockdown where some refused to be told to stay home and they were identified and persecuted as the reason the virus was spreading. That was the First divide. when folks woke up to the fact that lock downs didn’t work they stopped staying in so there had to be another way to divide the people and give the pundits someone to push blame to for a virus spreading, that’s when we ended up with masks. The masks don’t work and a virus must run its course and that’s what it’s doing. I still don’t understand why so few people have the lack of curiosity or desire to look back in history to see how these events have been managed in the past. It doesn’t take much effort and you quickly learn that none of this makes sense on any level. In fact I’d venture to say that most of the advice has led to a worsening and prolonged life span of the virus not to mention the fact that everything they have told us to do systematically weakens your immune system.
                  I’m intrigued by some folks claims they they know or are related to 10s or more people that have died of Covid yet I still have no direct relationships with anyone that has died of Covid. I’m not denying the other’s claims. I have not changed my life, other than where I have been forced to, since this started. I did not participate in the lock down, I have only worn a Mask on a plane and I’ve gotten up and gone to work every day and I’m somehow still alive. I’m exposed to many many people daily including the multitude of people we come into contact with during my kids sporting events every wknd. I just don’t get the fear and the more I’m living my normal life the more I realize how muck others have had the last 5-6 months of their lives taken from them for no reason. Bottom line is look at the data and if you are in the high risk zone then you should alter your life style and that’s it, end of story, everyone else go back to a normal life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Hell, I still don't know anyone that's even had it...
                  Last sentence is spot on

Comment

Man, it's gonna get lonely on here. At least there will be more estate sales to pick up some good huntin' and fishin' equipment. (Calm down, just kiddin' .)

Comment

Does anyone have any evidence that mask does not help the spread of covid-19? Quick google search comes up empty. Every thing I read shows that they have limited effect on keeping the user from getting it. But more from keeping user from spreading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                        Does anyone have any evidence that mask does not help the spread of covid-19? Quick google search comes up empty. Every thing I read shows that they have limited effect on keeping the user from getting it. But more from keeping user from spreading it.
                        I don't direct this statement at you in means of a swipe or to be ugly to you.
                        It is commonsense.

It is a virus and I believe the one time that Fauci was honest about anything regarding the virus is that wearing a mask won't help or prevent you from getting it.

If you wore a fresh N-95 mask each and every time you wore a mask it may help to slightly minimize your chance but not eliminate your ability to get it.

With that said you are more prone to touch your mask by cracking it open to breathe or to adjust it and I believe that what little help it may provideis negated by people doing that.

Comment

Paycheck. I’m sure it does slow or lessen the spread. At this point there are very few choices about this virus. Either you will get it, you have had it, or you have built up enough immunity to fight it in most cases. If we are not at that stage we gotta be close to it. It has been around enough now we as a herd have started fighting it with immunity

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                            I don't direct this statement at you in means of a swipe or to be ugly to you.
                            It is commonsense.

It is a virus and I believe the one time that Fauci was honest about anything regarding the virus is that wearing a mask won't help or prevent you from getting it.

If you wore a fresh N-95 mask each and every time you wore a mask it may help to slightly minimize your chance but not eliminate your ability to get it.

With that said you are more prone to touch your mask by cracking it open to breathe or to adjust it and I believe that what little help it may provideis negated by people doing that.
                            I agree what you are saying, but everything I have read states that wearing a mask help people with the virus from spreading it as easily. Not 100 % but helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                              Here's some. There are more, but the rest I've seen echo these. It'll take some time to go through them all. Listen, read, and make up your own mind....

In this episode, Dr. Osterholm and host Chris Dall discuss the current science on COVID-19 and cloth masks. Email us your questions at OsterholmUpdate@umn.edu References can be accessed here: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/revised-mask-transcript-6220

curated by Marilyn M. Singleton, M.D., J.D. – http://marilynsingletonmdjd.com/ Updated September 26, 2020 Introduction COVID-19 is as politically-charged as it is infectious. Early in the COVID-19 pandemic, the WHO, the CDC and NIH’s Dr. Anthony […]

Healthy people wearing masks. These days you see them everywhere. But this ER nurse with over two decades of experience says the science doesn't support it

Comment

My understanding is Covid is only 1 micron...a properly fitting N95 is maybe good for stopping cooties at 3 microns.

Comment

Working...
                                X