No announcement yet.

Abbot's Executive Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane the medication does have side effects- crazy dreams and bothers your guts. I’m sure there are plenty of guys on here that have had them shoved down their throat. It is malaria meds the military gives folks. Unless what they are using is different. I high doses I’ve heard it can mess with eyesight and smell

Comment

Yes sir, I know about the side effects. Daughter started getting a rash after about 4 days. She was feeling much better by then, so doc took her off of it. Just a couple days' worth of it is all she really needed to get over the hump of the cytokine storm that COVID-19 causes in the lungs.

The side effects of not getting any helpful medication can be pretty rough too.
      Last edited by Shane; 04-02-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Could you share what the side affects are or could be?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Look up any drug you can think of. They all have a long list of possible side effects. Main reason I don't like taking medications, if I can avoid them. But, like I said, the side effects of not getting medication when you do need it can be worse.

Comment

They need all the documentation of trials in order to get FDA/CDC approval to use the drug for COVID to remove the big liability risk for docs. If they give it to somebody, and that person is the unlucky one that experiences the worst of the side effects, then the doc risks getting sued over it if the drug wasn't approved for use for the illness. So lots of docs won't write the script with that liability risk out there. Once that is gone, they can explain the potential side effects, like they do with every other medication they prescribe for everything else, and get the medication to the people that need and want it. If somebody gets COVID and doesn't want to take hydroxychloroquine, they won't have to. But for those that would like to get it (vast majority of folks, I imagine), they'll be able to get it.

Comment

The FDA has already approved the emergency use of chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquin for treating Covid 19. Did it on March 30.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  I hope yall are right. It is a non issue...

But my money is on yeah, we are going to be burying our family. Keep jacking around and telling your self Italy is not America, they have more old people, Spain is not the same....

Look at the last month. Put your bank account, credit score, and ego aside. Reality is about to ***** slap you.
                  DM you made need to take another hit off the bong and relax a bit. You seem a bit stressed over all of this

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      They need all the documentation of trials in order to get FDA/CDC approval to use the drug for COVID to remove the big liability risk for docs. If they give it to somebody, and that person is the unlucky one that experiences the worst of the side effects, then the doc risks getting sued over it if the drug wasn't approved for use for the illness. So lots of docs won't write the script with that liability risk out there. Once that is gone, they can explain the potential side effects, like they do with every other medication they prescribe for everything else, and get the medication to the people that need and want it. If somebody gets COVID and doesn't want to take hydroxychloroquine, they won't have to. But for those that would like to get it (vast majority of folks, I imagine), they'll be able to get it.
                      Wouldn't the "Right to Try" policy cover Doctors from being sued? Isn't that what the intentions of the Policy to begin with?

I'm sure their is a loop hole that I'm not aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        The FDA has already approved the emergency use of chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquin for treating Covid 19. Did it on March 30.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
                        Yes, but only when there's a positive test result confirming COVID19 diagnosis now, according to my doc. So they can't prescribe it to anyone that has COVID but can't get a test, and they have to wait until test results come in even for those that can get tested. That can take several days. Universal fast testing is much needed too.

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Wouldn't the "Right to Try" policy cover Doctors from being sued? Isn't that what the intentions of the Policy to begin with?

I'm sure their is a loop hole that I'm not aware of.
                        Maybe, but that doesn't mean they still can't be sued. Suing somebody is one thing. Winning is another. Most docs are super cautious with liability issues, and I don't blame them. They're targeted by trial lawyers all the time.

Comment

I’d take the meds as well. Ask military guys. It’s just the Maleria tabs. Some guys got bubble guts. Kinda weird dreams. But never knew any that went blind etc. I would imagine there are a lot of folks on here that have taken it

Comment

I have had to take malaria drugs twice for global trips. yep, not perfect but better than the stuff I was attempting to avoid. Some others had adverse effects for a few days.
                            I am just glad to see this thread has not gone off track with this CV-19 is a hoax, conspiracy, new world order, election noise, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Look up any drug you can think of. They all have a long list of possible side effects. Main reason I don't like taking medications, if I can avoid them. But, like I said, the side effects of not getting medication when you do need it can be worse.

Oh heck Shane, I know! The TV and radio medical commercials are something else when they start rolling out the side effects too!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Oh heck Shane, I know! The TV and radio medical commercials are something else when they start rolling out the side effects too!!
                                Yes sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X