Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has everyone figured out how much their check from the govment is going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a good recipe for rice & beans?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      I'll bet most of the money will be spent on essential stuff like fancier phone & TV or beer and weed.
      Dont forget Lotto cards. They were lined up in HEB buying those yesterday.

Comment

Has everyone figured out how much their check from the govment is going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
          $200K for a family is not rich by any means. Sure, they may have a few more toys than families that make less; but many of these people save a lot too. Some don't have more toys, just less debt.

It's also convenient to forget, a family making $200K per year probably pays close to $50K in income taxes; which is a heck of a lot more than many people that pay little to almost nothing. These folks also pay up to the cap for social security and no cap on Medicare wages.

If looking at taxes as a percentage of income, the current tax code is terrible for families that make in the $200K range.
          :

Comment

I get nothing and if I did I would donate it to the church or someone who really needs it. I’d rather the government give the money to someone really in dire straits over this. In these times we all have to help eachother and beat this together just like WW2. The country will be a little more unified after all this.

Comment

I'm not sure what if anything my family will receive. I'm thinking once the restaurants open back up some of the servers who havent been working could use it. Im thinking they will get some healthy tips from us! We aren't rich but I wish it would go to somebody who really needs it!

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
                Didn’t know there were so many rich guys on this forum.
                Most of us aren't rich guys, we just work hard for a whole lot more hours a year than the slackers.

I'll be getting zero for sure. Never have gotten the government handouts just financed other people's handouts.

I wish their was a way we could only get the checks to people whose jobs have been effected by this whole thing.

If someone is on welfare they should get zero. They get plenty already.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                  Go dig up your 2018 return and look at your AGI. If you are a couple filing together with an income of less than 150k you get $2400. That will be reduced by $5 for every $100 you are over that 150k threshold. You can add to that by having rugrats. They are worth an extra $500 a piece.

Congrats on your free money everyone.

By the way... this is just the DRAFT legislation by the republicans.

"The draft legislation, obtained by Fox News, would provide minimum payments of $600, and aid would be phased down at adjusted gross income thresholds of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple. Additionally, there would be $500 payments for each child.

The rebate amount is slated to then be reduced by $5 for each $100 a taxpayer’s income exceeds the legislation's threshold. The amount is therefore reduced to zero for single taxpayers with incomes exceeding $99,000 and $198,000 for joint filers."

I get zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m rich so I get 0$! Now I know I’m rich!lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

If someone is on welfare they should get zero. They get plenty already.
                      This is the part of "stimulus Packages" that irk me the most. Makes absolutely zero sense to give extra to those who do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                        Makes absolutely zero sense to give extra to those who do nothing.
                        Well, they do get off their lazy azz to go vote for more free stuff!

Comment

Nada

Comment

Dang it! I was gonna buy “bling” with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              I got excited till I read the stipulations.
                              Link to a list of the stipulations, please?

Thanks!

Comment

So everyone on here that says "nope" all make over $100K per year? No wonder y'all all got trophy leases and drive big fancy trucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X