Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
    Won the Cold War. Liberated most all eastern bloc countries

I think he talking more direct conflicts as far as Hot Wars and not Cold. Although I'm sure there were many altercations in the Cold War that we may never know about it never broke out into full scale war thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Not that I disagree but I can name a few, we used to be good at it, just don't have the stomach anymore.

USSR (cold war), S. Korea (Korean War), All of Western Europe (WWII)
      Would japan and germany fall in this catagory?
      Your right we were once very good at it, until politicians started telling generals how to fight wars

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        I think he talking more direct conflicts as far as Hot Wars and not Cold. Although I'm sure there were many altercations in the Cold War that we may never know about it never broke out into full scale war thankfully.

Germany, France, Japan, China, Burma,

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Would japan and germany fall in this catagory?

Your right we were once very good at it, until politicians started telling generals how to fight wars

I see those countries as the ones causing others to be needed to be liberated. I guess you could argue we liberated their citizens from brutal regimes.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            I see those countries as the ones causing others to be needed to be liberated. I guess you could argue we liberated their citizens from brutal regimes.

Yes sir, thats what i meant by my statement

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
              Won the Cold War. Liberated most all eastern bloc countries
              Eastern bloc countries may have been liberated on paper, but Moscow did. And still does call the shots.

Comment

Interesting takes....all have valid points. But if someone can look at babies being zapped and with a honest heart say forget these people ......wow. I will always stand for innocent human life, thus time to find a way to support the cause without getting in a World War! Difficult but not impossible. .......we are Americans!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Even from a humanitarian stand point, why is it our responsibility? There are several countries that claim to be bastions of humanity and empathy that are more than capable of intervening. They would also be the first to bash us for intervening. Why is this our responsibility? We give an incredible amount of humanitarian aid all over the globe. More than anyone else. So tell me, why does it always have to be us when it comes to situations like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Interesting takes....all have valid points. But if someone can look at babies being zapped and with a honest heart say forget these people ......wow. I will always stand for innocent human life, thus time to find a way to support the cause without getting in a World War! Difficult but not impossible. .......we are Americans!!!

If we didn't have liberals in this country and in our government we could more easily deal with these situations. The problem is liberals don't have the stomach for these things, if we get involved militarily they will for sure create another quagmire. Liberals are fine with military involvement as long as no one gets hurt. As soon as the media starts showing the casualties we cause they will put the handcuffs on our guys putting them in grave danger. I see the pics and would love nothing more than a couple Army CBTs to deploy and whoop the ever living **** out of whomever did this but we all know in reality without the stomach to see anything through how it would end.

Comment

Maybe we should build a coalition of Arab allies to address the Assad Regime.... sound familiar???

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Life's rough, get a helmet. It's not in our best interest...

Comment

As a Christian it breaks my heart to see this as we sit idly by and do nothing, whether in our best interest or not.

Comment

Footage of those kids is very tough to watch. I honestly don't know how to/if we should respond. That is why we vote our more learned and more level headed politicians in place . To represent us and to make the right call under these tough circumstances. I hope they make the right decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                              As a Christian it breaks my heart to see this as we sit idly by and do nothing, whether in our best interest or not.
                              I look at it as 2 snakes fighting each other, because that is what they do.

You put a mongoose in with the snakes, and the snakes will work together to eliminate the common threat, the mongoose.

Then the snakes will go back to fighting each other, because that is what they do. And always have.

I dont see a scenario where innocent lives dont get lost.

Put me down as saying this has some odd timing with the Susan Rice stuff. Seems like this red line was crossed some time ago and is just getting run through the media ringer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                                As a Christian I understand the desire to help those in need. BUT (and this is a big but, like Roseanne Barr sized), our charge to help "the least of these" is a personal mission, not a national. If you feel compelled to help that is likely the Holy Spirit beckoning you to His purpose, but please do not confuse your purpose with the nation's well being. But by all means, if you are called then sell all your belonging and go.

Comment

Working...
                                X